At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
You will provide Application Whitelisting (Carbon Black) subject matter expertise inside the Production Security Program. Support the business, security, and technical staff by assisting with the deployment of security controls and processes. Maintain and support security tools. Deliver timely and high quality work products to meet client's expectations. Defines analyze, evaluate, and facilitate the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs. Review, monitor, recommend and report enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance.
Essential Job Functions
- Software whitelisting request evaluations and approvals
- Analyze and evaluate Whitelisting rules and work with various teams to address potential risks
- Perform regular policy reviews and facilitate rules and objects cleanup
- Implement approved applications to whitelist
- Provide informal knowledge transfer with the team
- Application Whitelist Inventory Activities
- Implement security solutions and tooling to ensure configuration requirements are met
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) around coverage and compliance for communication to senior leadership.
- Manage endpoint security program and outline expected controls, including anti-malware, EDR, and other required technologies.
- Provide security expertise and consulting to partner teams across the enterprise.
- Alongside the Security Operations Center, responsible for responding to and remediating security events / incidents.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Architecture teams to ensure successful completion of our roadmaps and initiatives.
- Perform other daily, weekly, and monthly BAU activities, as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid foundation in networking concepts, protocols/ports and their real world application
- Understanding of industry leading security technologies or infrastructure systems in a complex technical IT operations environment
- Experience using endpoint protection products (Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, etc.)
- Experience using vulnerability management, scanners (Qualys)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
: Bachelor’s degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.