In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
As part of the Control Framework team, The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysts will collect, research, coordinate, and deliver adapted intelligence to BNP Paribas business and métiers to help them in increasing their cyber threat awareness, programs and initiatives within APAC. The successful candidate will work within the Control Framework team and collaborate with APAC Cyber Threat Intelligence team
• Pro-actively identify cyber related threats (actors, campaigns) across domains (crime, espionage, hacktivism) with potential concern to BNPP utilizing both technical and actor information, threat intelligence platforms, and other sources and develop timely actionable intelligence for remediation/mitigation (incl. prevention and disruption of threats).
• Produce strategic and tactical threat assessments/products in response to threats (new or developing threats, TTPs, ongoing campaigns.
• Source and analyse multiple data/intelligence feeds in order to identify patterns of activity that could be attributed to threats and develop informed recommendations/adapted intelligence to a breadth of stakeholders.
• Undertake analysis of security alerts and network traffic to determine the existence or extent of potential threats across various bus4iness lines.
• Identify risks and meet strict deadlines to deliver high quality reports on threats, findings and broader technical analysis, and escalate these in a timely and effective manner.
• Proactively drive improvements of internal processes, procedures, and workflows.
• Create security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale.
• Work with APAC Cyber Threat Intelligence team to define e-fraud scenarios for the threat hunting exercises in APAC.
• Participate in test, implement and deploy threat hunting tools for BNP Paribas APAC.
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework for implementation of policies and procedures in day‐to‐day business activities, such as Control Plan.
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
• At least 5 years of experience in the information security (cyber security) field with at least 2 years of experience working in Threat Intel, Threat Hunting, Pen-Testing or Incident Response roles.
• Experience in driving the creation of strategic cyber threat landscapes, operational intelligence and tactical remediation of cyber threats.
• Experience in conducting threat research with the goal of developing actionable intelligence.
• Possesses strong analytical skills, Independent, self-motivated and innovative with good problem solving, interpersonal and communication sksills, and can foster teamwork.
• Strong understanding of cyber threat analysis models such as Mire Att&ck, kill chain, diamond model or etc. and how it applies to both targeted and non-targeted threats.
• Experience using commercial and open source intel (OSINT) to support intelligence analysis.
• Experience in common scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell or BASH.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience working in a security operations centre (SOC) or incident response Team (CERT/CIRT) is ideal.
• Operational understanding of common security products and technologies utilized in Enterprise environments (SIEM, SOAR, TIP, proxies, WAF, Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Anti-Malware, Endpoint, etc.)
• Understanding of the OSI stack and the various protocols from layer 1 – 7 including SNMP, HTTP, VPN, DNS, etc.Fluent spoken and written English is required, and additional Asian language(s) or Russian is a plus.
• Regional exposure is preferred with experience working in different cultures in the Asia-Pacific region.
• University degree or equivalent in IT discipline
• Professional credentials in one of the relevant cyber security disciplines
• CISSP, CISA/CISM
• CompTIA Security+, CEH
• ITIL certification