In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
Under the responsibility of the Credit RISK Co-Division Head , the Project Manager will structure and lead projects related to Credit RISK platforms, in particular those in link with the Credit Approval Process (Workflow). This role will be part of the new IT platform project team.
The main missions of the Project will be to:
- Structure the new projects coming in the domain with all stakeholders involved in order to be able to decide the best way to deliver the expected solutions;
- Lead the elaboration of a functional solution with users and business
- Lead, with the support of the IT DEV leader, the definition of the solution and the implementation roadmap
- Lead the definition of user cases for User Acceptance Test with end users
- Manage all the decision making and analysis process allowing to design, validate the solution, and get the necessary approvals in terms of architecture, IT risk and IT Security and budget.
- Coordinate the implementation from a project management perspective
- Bring added value to both the IT tools functionality and potential changes to operational processes impacted.
- Ensure the WMIS Project governance is applied at each step
Jointly with the IT teams, the Project Manager will also have to guarantee that each new setup is compatible with the existing WMIS standards in term of parameterization, in order to mutualize as much as possible the target solution. A detailed gap analysis will have to be performed on each site in order to minimize specific local solution in favor of standard solution.
He/She will be the privileged contact for the users and will be responsible of all standard project management tasks such as:
- Planning and budget elaboration and follow-up
- Organize and run dedicated Steering Committee
- Risks, attention points and issues follow-up
- Requirements and general functional specifications (Coordination of workshops, minutes, writing GFS, Review and validation with Sponsors, Presentation and support to Dev Team,
- Coordinate all teams working on the same projects
- Ensure and anticipate the Migration and Change Management related to these new projects
- Coordinate, supervise and perform Users Acceptance Tests (UAT) related to new implementations
- Ensure the good relationship with business sponsors and stakeholders on each location
MAIN SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of project(s)
• Credit RISK Systems
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal third-parties to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
• Define requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community and the technology teams through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates & methodology
• Collaborate with the team’s experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER RELATIONS :
• WM IT Hub (Singapore and Chennai) and WMIS in other locations ( CH, Lisbon, Paris,..)
• Production teams
• Strategy & Architecture
• IT Security
• Control & Finance
Out of WMIS:
• Sponsors & Transversal teams, and in particular : Credit teams ( HO and booking centers, RISK teams ( HO and booking centers), Finance Team, and all other Business representatives who may be connected to Credit RISK activities.
Senior expertise in :
• Banking Industry
• Credit and RISK processes and features :
• Collateral management
• Client Credit Line facilities – workflow and monitoring
• Credit RISK operations impacts on General Ledger
• Workflow tools – such as Filenet or equivalent workflow tool
• Exposure to Rules engine platform
• Experience to both Agile and waterfall project methodology
• Certification on RISKS and CFA are a plus