In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
Risk Strategic Governance & Credit Platform Americas (RISK SGCP) is a transversal team within the Risk Function covering all businesses, countries where the Group is established. Its main missions are centered on:
- Reporting of market, counterparty, liquidity, interest rate risks,
- Data management,
- Strategic risk analysis, including coordination of Risk forums,
- Credit and market stress testing
Within Risk SGCP, the responsibilities of the Credit Portfolio/Data Management Risk Team are comprised around the below areas:
- Credit and Counterparty Risk Reporting
- Preparation of board risk committees and sub-committees. Build a comprehensive analysis of main risks and their evolution for management (risk appetite metrics, ad-hoc “deep dives”, etc.)
- Create, distribute, and manage various Senior Management and Board level reports
- Data Management
- Ensure accuracy of information presented to management
- Detection of issues and remediation
- Build data quality indicators
- Coordination with RaDAR, BCBS-239 adherence
- To produce, analyze and compile credit risk information in order to serve the needs of internal (Banks’ Board of Directors, Senior Management, CRO) and external stakeholders (Supervisor, Rating agencies…)
- To analyze in close coordination with the Risk practitioners the evolution of the credit portfolio quality, understand its trends and dynamics and contribute to the anticipation of any adverse development being it in a sector, geography, métier, etc.
- To assist in the building of a comprehensive framework of credit portfolio risk analytics and to deliver to the senior management focused and timely credit portfolio information meant to enlighten decision makers on current and forward looking credit portfolio risks.
- To contribute to answer to regulatory requests on credit risk topics.
- To organize and facilitate the dialogue between Business and RISK when reviewing Business strategies and their impact on the credit and counterparty risk profile, notably in the RAS review, Group Budget and Strat Plan exercises, and to accompany them with relevant information and analysis of credit portfolio risks.
- To contribute to the budgetary and risk identification exercises by providing relevant information and analysis of credit portfolio risks.
- Contribute to the Credit Stress Testing and provisioning:
- The Credit Portfolio Risk team acts as a coordinator for the production, reporting and added-value analysis of integrated credit stress test across the CUSO perimeter. This requires interactions at Group and regional level.
- The Credit Portfolio Risk team also produces with the support of Group relevant credit stress tests and develop relevant methodologies.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Minimum experience of 4-5 years in Risk management /Management Information System area/Credit Risk
- Master’s Degree in Finance or related area
- Good knowledge of credit & counterparty, market risks
- Advanced reporting software skills
- Good to have the technical knowledge like SAS, Python, Power BI (other similar visual tools)
- Good organization skills to manage under tight deadlines the complexity of processes and the high number of stakeholders to coordinate
- Strong analytical and inquisitive mindset in order to synthesize large amount of information in management level presentations
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to present comprehensive risk reviews to Senior Management
- Ability to contribute to value-added projects on a long term basis,
- Sense of details, accuracy and presentation without losing the “main picture”
- Commitment to deliver results in line with client’s expectations
- Resilience to heavy workload
- Knowledge of the English language is required
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **