In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
One of a team of nine Credit Officers acting as second line of defence in managing credit risks to financial institutions in APAC, with a strong focus on hedge funds, regulated funds, pension funds, and CCPs.
• Act as expert and delegation holder within the scope of a defined portfolio of counterparties.
• Work with the FIC Credit Analysis Teams to support the quality of credit recommendations with respect to Ratings and GRR, credit limits, and contractual credit terms
• Attend due diligence meetings with the credit risk analysts on counterparties within his/her delegation
• Work closely with Counterparty Team analysts to review and keep track of portfolio evolution with counterparties, gauging suitable level of counterparty credit risk appetite
• Share risk expertise, knowledge, best practices through relevant risk forums and regular interactions with stakeholders. Communicate and explain market intelligence, external and internal analysis, conclusions and decisions taken by RISK and other forums in which they participate.
• Guarantee the application of Bank’s procedures and policies and the consistency of Bank’s ratings.
• Contribute to the definition of the Bank’s ratings and credit policies in liaison with other RISK Functions and business teams.
• Contribute to the development and update of policies, reports and risk tools
• Contribute to Credit Process optimization and fluidity, forums, projects (transformation, regulations, IT, etc.) with RISK streams and other departments
• Contribute to the risk strategy definition by providing recommendations on the risk profile of the counterparty and on specific transactions in relationship with the appropriate stakeholders
• Contribute to the urgent/important or atypical/complex requests which will require a senior review/follow-up/decision at all levels of Business and within RISK
• Contribute to the close monitoring of the portfolio to detect any credit issue and to propose appropriate action
• Contribute to the exposure and risk monitoring and decide on excesses
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong and proven analytical skills
• Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
• Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Solid knowledge and understanding of banking and financial markets
• Understanding of Corporate Banking and Capital Markets products
• Self-driven and organized
(Experienced candidate with over 10 years of related funds credit approval experience shall be highly preferred)