In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
• Regular and ad-hoc topics (for ex. design based on market movement/news specific topics) monitoring of credit activity within Credit Wealth Management APAC.
• Production of analysis, reports and presentations related to Credit topics for management and Front office.
• Assist team members’ activities with ad hoc analysis (for ex. financing ratio request from Front Office including shares, bonds, derivatives and structured products, and portfolio simulation from system based on scenarios, etc.).
• Development of tools to increase the team’s efficiency
• Cooperating with Monitoring team and IT team to investigate potential system issues, for ex. financing ratio calculation based on market data, and accuracy of implementation on eligible products for financing.
• Ensure the production of regular reports related to Credit Wealth Management’s activity.
• Perform ad hoc reports as required by managers (e.g. market movement /news analysis, portfolio analysis, etc.)
• Handle statistics and data analysis, namely aiming at managing risks or finding areas of efficiency.
• Investigate potential system issue with Monitoring team and IT team.
• Participate in transformation projects undertaken by Credit Wealth Management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Data science background required - proven abilities in data processing and analysis of large databases.
• Clear expression and structured thinking.
• Ability to identify patterns and attention to detail.
• Previous relevant experience of at least 2 years in a banking environment and/or acquaintance with wealth management products preferred.
• Intellectual curiosity, adaptability, good listening skills and keen team worker.
• Fluent English, best can also speak Cantonese and Mandarin.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Coding skills (VBA/Python), knowledge on Bloomberg is a plus.
• Good command of Tableau.