In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
RISK Wealth Management is part of the RISK IFS domain of the Risk function. RISK WM focuses on the credit risk management aspects linked to the Wealth Management Métier, i.e. mainly the risks linked to credit to wealthy individuals but also on the risk management aspects around credit, such as systems, norms and secured lending methodologies. RISK WM APAC is the 2LoD responsible for checking and challenging the credit portfolio and any credit risks the Wealth Management activity incurs in the booking centres of Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan.
Under the credit analyst team, the role aims at providing credit and market risk (minimal) analysis / solutions to manage risk monitoring of WM Metier. The main responsibilities will include:
1. Review credit files and derogation requests
2. Quantifying the amount of additional risk resulting from deviation away from the Bank’s norms.
3. Build tactical tools to compensate systems weaknesses for risk analysis and reporting purposes
4. Contribute to the Risk framework by providing technical support (could be translating SCOs observation into pragmatic framework under the supervision of Risk WM APAC head)
5. Contribute to WM and/or Bank wide projects as required
6. Contribute to defining needs in IT projects and ensure that risk management systems are adapted
7. Liaise with other Risk function experts for risk analysis (stress-testing, TAC/NAC, …)
8. Contribute to norms and collateral analysis under HO authority to provide regional expertise
9. Analyze portfolio evolution at client and booking site levels; including a prospective view aiming at quantify potential shortfalls and losses through regular stress-testing exercises.
10. Review regional dashboard with analysis on the loan book at APAC level to detect and analyse concentration on counters and potential liquidity issues, sectors … follow by proposed remediation plans for discussion with the business.
11. Participate in the definition of monitoring and analysis framework
Professional Qualifications / Candidate Profile
The candidate will have to demonstrate the following:
• At least 5 years of working experience and open to candidate in market risk area with counterparty risk
• Strong academic background, technical & analytical skills
• Teamwork skills as well as communication and information sharing skills
• IT skills (Excel/VBA/Python)
• Fluent English
It would be consider as a plus:
• Knowledge of the Asian environment
• Knowledge of the Wealth Management environment
• Chinese (Mandarin) spoken