In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
To conduct corporate credit risk analysis
• Gather appropriate client information to be able to present and mitigate risks
• Deliver a complete, synthetic and coherent up-to-date counterparty and credit risk analysis, based on facts and compliant with the Bank’s guidelines
• Complete Credit Proposals enabling the Credit Committee to make an informed decision
• Support the Relationship Manager / Front Officer in credit process-related matters within own scope, including appropriate credit risk ratings recommendation per internal rating policies and methodologies, pricing simulation for assessing the deal economics or exposure management
• Portfolio monitoring (follow-up of financial covenants, risks alert, core data checks)
• Keep updated with credit methodologies and policies
• Share information and develop industry intelligence
• Presentation of Credit Proposals to local Credit Committees
• Meet clients jointly with Relationship Managers, when and where possible, to deepen the understanding of a credit
• Participation in discussions on potential deals.
• Participation in projects linked to improving credit process efficiency
• To contribute to any other portfolio or credit administrative and statistical works as required by management from time to time
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Minimum 5 years relevant credit analysis experience, preferably in handling large corporates and/or local mid-cap portfolio
2. Solid product knowledge in trade financing & medium term financing
3. Analytical mind, well organized and attentive to details
4. A team player with ability to work under pressure with quick turnaround and multi-tasking
5. Good command of spoken and written English, preferably proficient in Mandarin
6. Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
7. Excel in computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
1. University graduate; major in Finance or Accounting & its equivalence
2. ACCA or CFA qualification a plus