BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Within BNP Paribas CIB, credit analysis plays a fundamental role in managing the risks related to both existing corporate clients and new business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ECA (EMEA Credit Analytics) team is responsible for credit analysis for Corporate Banking clients from across our EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) business.
We are responsible for:
- Assessment and monitoring of credit risk according to regulatory and internal risk policies on a portfolio of corporate clients
- Interaction with different departments and stakeholders as part of the corporate credit process, on a local and international scale
- Preparation of written credit proposals combining financials analysis with sectorial information to support credit committee decisions regarding the client’s risk of default, credit rating and adequacy of the proposed financing.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team of credit risk professionals, and you will benefit from the following:
- You will be working with Corporate Banking clients, ranging from local subsidiaries to the largest companies from across Europe, Middle East and Africa, across many industries
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of a wide range of Corporate Banking products including Liquidity / Working Capital facilities, Derivatives, Cash Management and Trade Finance
- You will benefit from a structured training program, both as a new joiner and on an ongoing basis, including both training courses and on the job training
- We are based in Lisbon, our international team includes colleagues from +15 different nationalities and we have a great working environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or Accounting
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English (mandatory) and German
- Knowledge of the Corporate Banking environment (for an entry level role, this is beneficial, for an experienced hire, this is required)
- Detail oriented, with some knowledge of financial analysis (for an entry level role, we expect you to know the basics, for an experienced hire, we expect in-depth knowledge)
- Team spirit
- Efficient organizational and planning capacities
- Self-starter, good initiative and flexible
- Business minded with an ability to convey a balanced sense of risk
Our team covers corporate clients across the whole EMEA region, and we have a particular need for German-speakers due to the strong growth in our German, Austrian and Swiss client base. For this role, we will consider both entry-level candidates and experienced credit analysts.
Do you wish to pursue a career in Investment Banking, or take your career to the next level? At BNP Paribas you’ll be part of a strongly performing team, with great ambitions for the future and a positive working environment
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.