At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing the efficient execution of risk management reporting for the Bank’s operations functions’ risk office.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and provides MIS and risk reporting
- Possesses managerial and leadership capabilities to ensure team completes required role requirements in a timely manner
- Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in accordance with changing business risk appetite, dynamic regulatory, operational risk requirements, and/or industry best practices; and activities meet timeframe standards
- Manages key risk indicator process, sub-Internal Control Committee (including logistics, agenda, materials, etc.), reporting on audit-compliance-risk requirements including training, taxonomies, risk advisory calendar management, risk system of record data, risk dashboard reporting, etc.
- Oversees projects or ongoing control process or continuous monitoring process relating to controls that ensure compliance with one or more regulatory requirements
- Utilizes continuous feedback to both hold employees accountable for their actions and/or poor performance to further develop their strengths and abilities with clarity of role responsibilities and goals
- Supports operational business unit leaders and functions in the management and execution of activities related to operational, compliance and enterprise risk management programs
- Role scope spans all aspects of risk management framework – focused specifically on governance and reporting aspects related to the framework – including but not limited to risk control self-assessment (RCSA/RCRA), issue self-identification, business continuity management, third party management, control environment, governance documents (policies/procedures), key risk indicators, information security, cyber security, internal fraud, external fraud, audit management, exam management, data management and access management
- Partner with process owners and process managers to identify and drive process improvements in highly complex and risk areas to maximize efficiency, quality and customer experience
- Driven to meet or exceed specific goals and objectives as quickly as possible; focused on results and will leverage resources available and solve problems creatively to get the job done
- Performs ongoing oversight of operational business unit controls and the control environment
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations to the design and implementation of operational and compliance activities so they are dynamic with new regulatory, corporate, and process requirements
- Supports operational business unit alignment with enterprise Compliance requirements and governance documents
- Maintains emerging trends and changes across financial services industry on emerging risk and changing landscapes
- Identifies report and escalate on issues related to Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control
- Works in close collaboration / liaison with Compliance, Risk, and Audit team – and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure
- Maintains current knowledge of related banking activities, and operational risk management and regulatory compliance requirements for financial institutions; Attends professional seminars and participates in Bank operational risk management and regulatory compliance forums
- Maintains process documentation and tools for execution of responsibilities
- Visibly and consistently demonstrating behaviors and standards which promote the desired risk culture of the firm
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Risk Management experience
- Reporting experience
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Annual Hiring Range
The base salary compensation offer to candidate may vary based on candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for “annual” incentives.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.