In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Within CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking), the Global Markets business line is recognized universally for its expertise and its know-how
The mission of the Governance team is to develop a framework in order to address Management requirements in terms of analysis, reporting and follow-up of the activity.
1) Budgets/ Financial / Headcount Management
• Produce regular reports/analysis on department financials – actual costs, forecast. headcount, MDs, etc
• Support yearly budget process and budget presentations
• Manage monthly accrual booking process with offshoring partners
• Manage queries from various teams on financial related topics
• Contract and Invoice Management
• Governance SharePoint administration
• Maintenance of departmental assets and ensure data is up to date (org charts, seating plan..)
3) Support transversal department topics, i.e. training, communication, events, etc
Qualifications & Experience:
- University graduate or equivalent
- Experience in Finance/accounting, Budget/Costs preferred
- Experience in Banking Industry preferred
- Min 2 years’ experience
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good comprehension, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good excel skills, proficient in other MS office applications (word, powerpoint)
Other Value-added Experiences
- Able to work under pressure independently
- Desire to analyze, challenge & improve.