In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
o Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
Contribute to the fight against money laundering and terrorism financing:
Suspicious activity reports
: collect and analyze the suspicious activity reports filed in APAC;
2. Lists management
: provide advisory support and coordinate the lists management process in APAC;
AML/CTF Framework in APAC
: Provide advisory and administrative support to improve BNPP AML/CTF detection framework and tools & strategy for the APAC region;
Norms and Procedures
: Provide advisory support and coordinate:
i. The Group-AML/CTF-related policies;
ii. Non-complex Group sanctions-related policies; and
iii. Transversal Group FS-related policies;
consultation, feedback and implementation within the APAC Region;
Reporting; risks assessments
; provide support for FS reporting and act as controller 2 for Financial Securities risk assessments (FS Compass, Agora, Risk Classification, RCSA);
: provide support/ deliver training on anti-money laundering topics.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• University graduate with relevant professional qualifications and at least 5 years ‘hands-on experience in advisory role particularly on key banking products;
• Good knowledge on key corporate and investment banking products such as cash management debt capital market, trade finance and structured finance transactions;
• Good knowledge of the evolving international AML/CFT standard (FATF, EU directives) and key developments as well as understanding of the main AML laws and regulations in APAC (HK & SG at least);
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Robust analytical and risk management mindset;
• Exercise critical-thinking with ability to make strategic decisions based on sound judgement;
• Ability to work independently in a challenging and fast changing environment;
• Agility and ability to change and goal-oriented;
• Asian language capability, especially in Mandarin is desirable, but not essential.