Since May 2009, BGL BNP Paribas is part of the BNP Paribas Group, European leader in terms of banking and financial services.
With BGL BNP Paribas, the Group BNP Paribas is the first employer in the financial sector and one of the biggest employers in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
BGL BNP Paribas holds a leading position in its national market and extends its radius of action to the Greater Region, including the border areas of Luxembourg.
As part of its development, we are looking for a:
Compliance Officer (H/F)
Fixed term contract until December 2022
In a rapidly changing regulatory and normative context and in line with BNP Paribas Group requirements, the Luxembourg Compliance Function opens a 12-month mission to cope with the growth of its activities in the investment funds sector.
Compliance is one of the key internal control functions, whose objective is to anticipate, detect and monitor compliance risks, as well as to assist the Management in implementing a robust compliance system with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
In this context, your main tasks, under the supervision of the persons responsible for each subject, will be:
- Participate in the KYC decision-making process (investor and client due diligence): pre-analyze files, intervene in decision-making committees.
- Intervene in the processing of alerts related to AML/CFT screening of clients/investors and investments.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the client/investor transaction monitoring.
- Contribute to maintaining the relevant procedures database.
- Participate in informing, training and advising on regulatory changes, Group standards and operational processes.
- Advise the employees of the Business Lines and Partner Functions (KYC analysts, Front Office in particular).
- Contribute to the production of reports.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the preparation of cases for new products/activities validation process.
- Analyse files showing risks of a Compliance nature.
- Participate in projects of a Compliance nature.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Luxembourg regulation (AML CFT in particular) and its practical implementation.
- Gain knowledge of the dynamic investment fund industry by working for one of the key market players in Luxembourg (which is the 1st place in the world for the cross-border distribution of investment funds, and the 2nd center in the world after the USA).
- During the first phase of your mission: team of generalist compliance officers dedicated to BNP Paribas Securities Services, Luxembourg Branch.
- On mission: integration in a broader department of expert Compliance Officers covering several BNP Paribas Group business lines (securities services but also large corporates).
Advanced studies in law, banking, economics, taxation or equivalent for a minimum of 5 years with a professional in the financial sector.
- Experience in Compliance or another internal control function, in particular experience with AML CFT subjects, client due diligence.
- Failing this, the candidate should have an analytical profile, structured thinking, communication abilities, be able to write and express him/herself in French and English and be familiar with office tools.
- Capacity to decide
- Ability to share / pass on knowledge
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork
- Critical thinking
- Organizational capacity
- Communication skills - oral and written
- Ability to synthesize / simplify
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Analytical capacity
- Ability to lead a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
- Knowledge of banking and/or investment fund industry
- Knowledge of AML CFT regulations (Luxembourg or European)
French and English (written and spoken)
As part of the finalization of the recruitment process, the pre-selected candidate will be asked for a criminal record certificate dating back less than 3 months (Bulletin No. 3 for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg), in accordance with the provisions of the Law of 23 July 2016 on criminal records, taking into account the field of activity of our institution.