Are you a compliance specialist with experience in audit/monitoring within a regulated organisation?
Do you have sound knowledge of FCA or other international regulatory bodies?
Job Title: Compliance Monitoring Officer
Location: Solihull – Hybrid 2 days office
Hours: Full Time – 12months Contract
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we are part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We are here to provide simple consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers responsibly finance their purchases.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners, and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave and we own it.
The Compliance Monitoring Officer will be responsible for providing compliance assurance to the business to ensure the business fulfils its regulatory responsibilities.
Within the team, you will ensure all relevant legislation/codes are in line with BNP Paribas Personal Finance (BNPP PF) UK’s compliance monitoring framework; with particular reference to FCA regulated activities, FLA, Ofcom and PCI DSS guidelines; and all applicable legal requirements specified by UK and EU legislation such as CCD, Consumer Credit Legislation, Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, and Bribery Acts.
· Provide accurate and timely compliance assurance activities as well as supporting BNPP PF UK staff and management by performing the following activities:
· Deploying BNPP PF UK’s Compliance Monitoring Plan through the periodic review and evaluation, on a risk based approach of compliance controls across all BNPP PF UK entities
· Providing assurance that compliance related controls have been effectively designed and operated as intended.
· Identifying gaps in BNPP PF UK’s compliance monitoring framework and control mechanisms and agreeing on management action plans with operational and functional management to reduce or mitigate compliance risk
· Performing, within agreed SLAs, the validation of the completed compliance related action plan
· Providing accurate and timely regulatory and compliance advice to management as and when required
· Any material discrepancies, losses, breaches of and control failures or weaknesses in respect of compliance activities are reported to the Compliance Monitoring Manager.
· Liaise and communicate with all stakeholders to ensure a consistent and effective risk based approach, compliant with professional standards, is deployed across all BNPP PF UK entities. Stakeholders include:
• BNPP PF UK’s Comex and Senior Management team
• BNPP PF Compliance Control & Risk Management team based in France (Central)
• BNPP PF UK’s Legal & Regulatory Policy team
• BNPP PF UK’s key third parties
· Conduct and produce high quality compliance engagements, work papers, reports and management information in line with agreed metrics and business requirements.
· Attend appropriate training courses, as necessary and as agreed with the Compliance Director and keep up to date with regulatory and statutory changes.
Skills & Attributes:
· Must have practical experience in an audit/monitoring compliance role within a financial services environment
· Project management, presentation, and reporting writing skills
· Excellent attention to detail and communication
· Ability to prepare and present to senior management
· Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work on your own initiative
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customers’ lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.