Head of Compensation, Benefits and Payroll in Canada
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
We provide all HR services: recruitment, benefits administration, coaching and professional development.
- Participate in the annual Compensation Review Process and manage budget pools.
- Participates in compensation surveys and analyse results.
- Develop and update compensation tools and grids.
- Perform job evaluations and salary benchmarks.
- Perform compensation reports and analysis, including pay equity.
- Serve as a key liaison with all stakeholders (Recruitment, HRBPs, Business managers, US Compensation team, etc…) for all compensation related topics.
- Identifies issues, challenges, or problems and proposes continuous improvements to processes.
- Participates to the design or implementation of compensation policies and programs.
- Participates to the management of expatriation files.
TRAINING, OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Finance.
- 2 to 3 years experience in compensation.
- Recognized expertise in Excel (Tables Pivot, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Analysis of various reports to reconcile data or solve problems.
- Ability to implement and follow procedures.
- Ability to develop validation tools and reports to ensure data quality.
- Document work correctly for future reference.
- Rigour, professionalism, thoroughness and self-validation.
- Application of internal laws and regulations.
- Timeliness of deliverables.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.