In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The Global Markets & FIC APAC Client Marketing team strategically plans and executes Global Markets & FIC APAC’s internal and external marketing and communications initiatives. The team liaises with multiple stakeholders and senior management across GM APAC, aligning internal/external messaging with the strategic priorities of the business. In addition, they partner with other marcomms teams outside of B&C (different business areas/regions) surrounding broader bank-wide initiatives.
This role sits within B&C’s Client MarComms APAC team, working across asset classes and business lines to drive effective communication, marketing and event strategies. The individual will report to the Head of Client MarComms APAC and will be located in Hong Kong.
• Plan and implement employee engagement initiatives and internal campaigns through written communications and other innovative comms channels (both formal and informal).
• Ensure Global Markets staff are kept abreast of business strategy, news, achievements, awards, deals, staff appointments and organisational changes. This involves understanding the needs of various stakeholders and target audiences.
• Website creation, content management and updates.
• Liaise and coordinate with regional teams in EMEA and Americas to roll out global initiatives within the region.
• Partner with business stakeholders to ensure strategic value of communications based on agreed objectives targeted at specific audiences. Provide insights and data to help validate ROI and monetization.
• Build business network across Global Markets, working with senior management, sales, structuring and trading teams.
• Write and edit thought leadership articles which can then be fed into the regional advertising campaign, management announcements, award pitches, senior management speeches, news articles, event comms and social media posts.
• Liaise with wider Brand & Comms team in order to maximize impact of initiatives by promoting more broadly across multiple marcomms channels e.g. media coverage, Content Hub, Echonet, and social media.
• Strategic planning and origination of awards submissions – lead process with business and BNP Paribas Group’s communications teams to gain optimal exposure for our spokespeople, products and services. Responsible for GM’s APAC-wide awards pitches and submissions, as well as driving awards comms deployment plan.
• Create engaging comms videos for defined target audiences, including writing scripts, filming, editing, liaising with external agencies as relevant.
• Work with in-house creative teams and external vendors and writers to create articles, infographics and digital media with an editorial perspective.
• Origination and amplification of post event content.
• Keep abreast of digital tools which help to promote BNP Paribas through digital and social media channels.
• Deploy automation tools to enhance engagement – social media, websites, ROI tracking, videos, interactive comms – conduct analysis to evaluate the success of campaigns/ feed insights back to business in order to incorporate learnings into future campaigns.
Technical & behavioral competencies
• An individual who is passionate about marketing and communications, with a constant thirst for knowledge and the ability to think outside the box.
• Outstanding written and verbal fluency in English (native level) – knowledge of design/branding and good writing skills are essential.
• Ability to master digital and social media tools.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to build constructive working relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels. A can-do attitude with the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Manage multiple complex projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid understanding of the financial services industry and corporate/institutional target audience.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and open to new technology. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programmes (e.g. Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, etc.) would be an advantage.
• 8-12 years of prior communications experience (agency/in-house), ideally having worked in some capacity within financial services.
• Prior video filming/editing skills, or journalistic experience is an advantage.
• Fluent written and spoken English (to native standard).
• Degree or equivalent qualifications.