Commercial Manager – Home Improvement
Full Time, Permanent
Solihull B91 2AA
The Home Improvement team at BNP Paribas Personal Finance are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to develop and own the Commercial Strategic plan for this area of our growing business.
This opportunity would suit a results driven professional with a proven track record of delivering against sales targets, who would be comfortable delivering in an autonomous role.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions and you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Within our Home Improvement department you will be welcomed into a team of 4 colleagues who work specifically within the Home Improvement focused Partner Finance area for us.
You’ll be responsible for development and ownership of the agreed Commercial Strategic plan, managing delivery of the financial performance, whilst ensuring the business line is operating efficiently and compliantly, as you’ll own and manage the delivery against the P&L. The focus of this role will be around 60% outward facing.
- Delivering results from commercial relationships with a range of product suppliers and strategic partners to support continual growth
- Manage the implementation of the Home Improvement delivery roadmap with a focus on programme delivery and partner integration to support P&L growth aspirations.
- To understand partner relationships and to establish a supporting operating model ensuring we are perceived and accredited as the financier of choice for Home Improvements and Energy Efficiency within the UK.
- Be up to date and pro-actively aware of macroeconomic trends and regulatory affairs posing an impact to the business line activity, ensuring an ability to adapt strategies and processes if required.
- Be a leader in maximizing the profit via a successful working relationship with the identified partners.
- Liaise with the team of operational change experts to facilitate inward and outwardly facing professional, charisma and subject matter expertise to support the reputational growth of our Home Improvement agenda.
- Working with the Marketing and Proposition teams as well as IT to ensure our Commercial delivery roadmap aligns to strategic priorities of the organization
To be successful for this position, we’re looking for:
- Experience of a Sales and Partner management role- with a proven track record of consistent delivery
- Ideally you’ll have experience within the Home Improvements sector, but if you’ve worked in a complex regulated industry and have the transferable skills- we can happily get you up to speed whilst you settle in
- Ability to work comfortably in an autonomous environment
- Able to work within a complex marketplace / industry- you’ll be comfortable delivering results with both vast Networks of smaller business, and Blue Chip companies
- Partner marketing and training background
- P&L Management understanding
- Strong compliance background
- Understanding of Government policy strategy affecting the Energy Efficiency market.
We understand that next step in your career journey is an important one. We also know it’s all about the people as they are the ones that make our business the success it is. That’s why we provide colleagues with opportunities to make great things happen in an open and exclusive environment.
Our culture is innovative, collaborative and fun and we challenge everyone to make a difference for colleagues, customers, partners and our community.
Being part of the BNP Paribas global banking group means you’re part of something big; with plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and make a real difference.
As you’d expect from being a global banking group, we can give you an award winning benefits package that gives you flexibility to choose your benefits based on what’s important to you. You’ll also have a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy.
Is there a fit?
If you’re interested in joining our dynamic and growing team, then we’d love to hear from you.