At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for expediting Flood Insurance implementation required by the Flood Disaster Protection Act enacted by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The analyst will be responsible for ensuring the completion of flood determinations and proper documentation, accurate flood insurance calculations, and any other details as necessary to ensure compliance with FEMA guidelines in a timely and accurate manner
Essential Job Functions
- Under direction of the Commercial Flood Insurance Manager the analyst will perform duties in compliance with Bank of the West's policies and procedures as well as the Flood Disaster Protection act to mitigate flood compliance risk.
- Will provide feedback to the Relationship Manager regarding the outcome of the flood determinations and whether insurance will be required
- Will provide and keep track of notices as mandated by the Flood Disaster Protection Act to the customers
- Will work closely with the Commercial Appraisal Services team to ensure flood insurance is properly calculated using the applicable values identified in the appraisal and/or evaluation
- Will provide data to the Commercial Flood Insurance Manager to ensure proper reporting for the Department Head and Senior Management and accurate tracking
- Will review and determine if Flood Insurance is required and may be tied to other or multiple lending facilities
- Monitoring status and reconciliation of outstanding flood determination request.
Other Job Duties
- Customer Service
- Flood Insurance
- Bank Lending Compliance
- Commercial Loan Operations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Ability to effectively use email and the Internet.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.