At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and evaluating specialized teams within Default Management to meet Bank wide and departmental objectives. Provides an accurate and consistent analysis of employees' skills and developmental needs along with coaching and feedback.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Ensures default management functions are executed with accuracy, efficiency, and is in compliance with Bank policy and procedures as well as regulatory standards
- Receives customer escalation calls and attempts to reach an amicable resolution.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Uses various collection systems to update customers' accounts and to send correspondence.
- Performs training for new hires and assists supervisor daily in continual training and development of assigned support staff; ensures the performance objectives are being met; and makes recommendations concerning staff performance.
- Collaborates with manager to establish and communicate performance standards and objectives to all staff. Completes performance reviews, audit reviews, staffing, reporting and training in conjunction with manager.
- Acts as a lead in various duties: - operating, monitoring, and compiling reports - delegating various assignments to default management staff - reviewing and approving documents - submitting work orders - verifying all corrections and adjustments have been made upon receipt of completed work
- Monitors staff's adherence to Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Collection, Repossession and Bankruptcy laws/regulations, Fair Credit Reporting Act and mortgage Insurer/Investor/PMI guidelines.
- Ensures department processes are in compliance with laws and internal policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Good knowledge of collection policies and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer and residential real estate loan products and related servicing procedures and requirements.
- Good understanding and knowledge of internal loan processes and governmental regulations and extensive compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Collection Laws and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Collections / Commercial Workouts