At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing various collection duties on consumer or mortgage accounts in various stages of risk or performance to effectively reduce delinquency, losses and increase recoveries. Areas of delinquencies are categorized as follows: • Installment loan accounts • Revolving accounts • Lease accounts • Credit card accounts • Overdraft / Goldlines • Mortgage loans Accounts and calls are moderate in nature. Performance objectives will be assigned on an individual basis regarding specific area(s) of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions
- Take all necessary actions to collect payments or charge-off recoveries via predictive dialer or by manual inbound/outbound calls.
- May initiate and prepare files for repossession, charge-off, NOD and skip trace.
- Ability to assess customer's financial situation for possible referral for loss mitigation.
- Uses various collection systems to update customers' accounts and to send correspondence.
- Understands and adheres to the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Collection Laws, and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Other Job Duties
- Other job duties may include the following: Understands and adheres to Fannie Mae (FNMA), FHA (HUD), Veteran's Administration (VA), and all private mortgage insurer's (PMI) rules and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- S1 - None Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures. Follows basic work routines and standards.
Typically does not require prior experience.
- Good knowledge of consumer and or mortgage collection activities
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Act, Collection Laws and Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.