At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and evaluating specialized teams within the Default Management to meet Bank wide and departmental objectives. Provides an accurate and consistent analysis of employees' skills and developmental needs along with coaching and feedback.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Oversees analysis of financial information to make appropriate repayment agreements for customers with delinquent accounts.
- Ensures adequate training for staff to effectively collect on delinquent loans, leases, lines of credit, credit card, overdraft and mortgages, including bankrupt accounts as applicable to their job responsibility. Understands and meets all requirements for investors and insurers if applicable.
- Evaluates hardship requests and approves loss mitigation modification and repayment agreements, fee waivers, and credit bureau changes in accordance to Bank policy.
- Directs and assists in the operational and technical functions of the unit.
- Motivates staff to obtain individual and unit objectives.
- Monitors skill level of staff and provides necessary training. Informs staff of new or revised policies and procedures.
- Manages work assignments. Actively participates in the staffs monthly review process.
- Recommends accounts for charge off and Notice of Default filings, if applicable. Prepares foreclosed inventory for liquidation.
- Reviews, approves and monitors repossessions assignments for Auto, RV and Marine, if applicable. Prepares inventory for liquidation.
- Performs statistical and analytical reporting of default management accounts.
- Adheres to, and monitors staff's adherence to, Fair Debt Collection Practice Act; Collection, Repossession, and Bankruptcy laws/regulations; Fair Credit Reporting Act and mortgage Insurer/Investor/PMI guidelines.
- Responds to written correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior collections experience.
- Requires 5 years minimum of leading a collections team
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Complete knowledge of consumer and or mortgage products.
- Complete knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Act, Collection Laws and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Thorough knowledge of investor/insurer agency relationships and guidelines.
- Experience with federal, state and agency compliance as it relates to default management.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Collections / Commercial Workouts