At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud. The chosen candidate would be expected to spend 70% of her/his time on Strategy and Organization Alignment, and 30% on Hands-on POC, evaluation and validation related work.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the Cloud adoption across US.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Work closely with IT security to help build Bank’s Cloud Monitoring and
- Offer guidance in infrastructure migration techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Define and layout various cloud deployment design patterns, and cloud-native development design patterns.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Provide analysis of architectural gaps in the organization, wrt. Cloud Adoption.
- Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and Cloud initiatives.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies across the organization.
- Communicate and share Cloud strategy & impact with Enterprise Architects, Business Architects and Solution Architects.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies.
- Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects and initiatives.
- Act as the focal point for enterprise architecture and IT standards.
- Teach and coach on architecture principles and standards.
- Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
- Review and help maintain IT Orgs conformance with FFIEC Cloud Computing Standards around Risk Management, BCP/DR, Change Management Guidelines and overall Cloud Governance.
- Review IT procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
- Document exceptions to architectural standards.
- Ensure that project documentation captures significant architectural decisions.
- Partner with PMO and IT Peers to review and approve solution estimates, evaluate technology opportunities and develop technology roadmaps to meet long term business objectives.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills with the
proven ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of
different opinions and interests.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and
current computing trends.
- Proven ability to builds and sustains excellent
relationships at multiple levels in the work place.
- Hands on experience developing and implementing Web
technologies, Micro Services, Restful APIs, Integration/Middleware
technologies, and real-time Complex Event Processing would be a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- IBM Public
- Red Hat /
- Cloud Native
coding and development experience
working on Cloud related information Security Guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.