About the job
- CLMR belongs to KYC (Know Your Client) department and it is a key part of the correct implementation of the new rules and regulations governing the financial industries. The CLMR Onboarding officer will perform regulatory maintenance activities and provide support for Tax (FATCA / AEOI), Market Integrity (MIFID II / MIFIR) and OTC derivatives regulations (EMIR / CFTC), within Client Management’s mandate
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure daily management of all regulatory analysis and classification with high level of accuracy: the client must be fully compliant with all regulations before the regulatory sign off is provided
- Is comfortable contacting clients, Relationship Managers and Senior Business Officers via email or, when needed via telephone – it’s very important to be comfortable with spoken and written English
- Ensure that both individual and team’s production deadlines and goals are met
- When needed, create/maintain CLM standard operating procedures
- Implement the regulatory changes from an operational point of view
- Contribute to process and tool improvements
- Ability to report progress, risks and issues to Management and when needed, to relevant stakeholders
- Identifies clients not regulatory compliant and define action plan for remediation
- Shares best practice with CLM Regulations Community
- Act as a representative of the CLM Regulation Community towards other internal stakeholders
- Act as BNPP’s representative for Clients
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Law, Regulation, Financial Security or related area
- Fluency in English both oral and written is mandatory. French or other languages are a plus
- Excel knowledge is a plus
- Financial regulations (MIFID, EMIR, CFTC, FATCA and AEOI) and financial products knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of the key functional areas in Investment Banking – processes, systems and organization is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and sense of organization
- Ability to make timely decisions and be accountable for results and to work under pressure
- Being resilient, curious and keen to investigate
About the Team
- Client Management Regulations (CLMR) is a team focused on the Client and its main mandate is to provide high quality and be-spoke services according to its needs and potential, while being aligned with CIB Businesses' strategies. The main goal is to create added value for the Clients whilst protecting the Bank’s interests
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.