In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
CM Governance’s goal is to ensure strict adherence to the bank’s standard procedure and guidelines with an emphasis in the area of compliance. CM Governance will maintain and review workflows for consistency and in accordance with site-specific requirements and ensure the application and implementation by site, cross border and nearshoring partner.
- Ensure practices are adhered to bank’s standard procedures and guidelines with an emphasis in the area of compliance.
- Manage implementation whilst maintaining sound work processes and integrity of client data.
- Perform control check e.g. 4 eye check to activities covered under CM Support
- Prepare regular reports and statistics for Management review (monthly/periodic)
- Assist Team Lead with the oversight of nearshoring partner to ensure consistency with requirements.
- Assist in the updating of relevant procedural documentation and ensure they are kept up to date
- Escalation to Management, Conduct and Permanent Control and/or Compliance as appropriate upon issue being identified
- Provide feedback and escalate issues to the appropriate functions and management.
- Assist in delivery of training requirements and conduct training on data maintenance as required.
- Verify controls are in place about potential operation risks associated with users’ requests to access database of sensitive client data, signatures and documents’ images.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guideline
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to share information with nearshoring partner to ensure they are kept informed and update
- Ability to share information with team and eventually train new team members
- Appropriate and confidential handling of client data and information
- Administer request from internal regulators/stakeholders with respect to audit review