BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Client Integration team is part of CIB Operations, with teams in the UK, US and APAC. The team is now based in London and Lisbon, and services EMEA and works with the global teams.
The primary focus of the team is provide an End-to-End (E2E) client onboarding service.
The Client Integration team exists to provide an End-to-End (E2E) client onboarding service for EMEA Clients.
Client Integration provide a service to the following stakeholders:
- Externally to CIB Clients (enhanced service for Tier 1)
- Internally to Client facing Relationship Management and Sales teams, and CIB Management
- Internally to CIB functions: Legal, Credit Risk, KYC/Due Diligence, Operations, Compliance, Reference Data and Product Enablement teams
- Client Integration own the E2E co-ordination for the onboarding process, ensuring there is transparency from initiation to completion.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate the Client onboarding request from the client. This will involve understanding the request in detail, and technical knowledge, including, structure of the onboarding legal entity(s), the products, the jurisdictions, the priority of the request with respect to onboarding profile
- Manage the engagement with the Client Relationship Manager and Sales Person
- Manage engagement with Credit Risk, KYC, Legal, Operations and Referential data to ensure that all client documentation is gathered and distributed
- Ensure that the Client has been fully onboarded prior to trading and that all stakeholders are communicated to, both during and at completion
- Ensure that all internal controls and reporting are adhered to within the Client Integration team
- Academic background in business or communication
- Strong focus on attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English, and proficiency in other languages (especially European) is beneficial
- Experience in or knowledge of investment banking activities (is a plus)
- Knowledge of capital market products (is a plus)
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in Ms Office Package
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.