In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The candidate will be part of dynamic squad building innovative apps for clients to collaborate & communicate with the bank at ease
As a technical leader in the scrum squad you will :
• work in architecture, backend and front end aspects of the product
• Be hands-on in analysis, development and bring craftsmanship mindset to deliver software with the highest standard of quality
• ensure efficient performance and scalability of all designs and implementations
• be responsible for managing & reporting technical risks on the projects
• contribute / review the technical specifications and ensure proper traceability between user requirements & code
• guiding the team through technical issues or challenges
• maintain and improve technology standards of the products managed by the team
• Synchronize with teams across Asia & Europe - Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure and other business and technology teams.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelors in computer science or computer engineering
• At least 12 years of development experience in
• Java EE & Spring application (including Web Services, REST, JPA, SOA, Design patterns).
• API design
• Strong programming skills in Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST API
• Experience in building communication solutions providing chat, audio/video, screen-sharing capabilities over XMPP, HTTPS
• Strong knowledge & Hands on experience in integrating social messaging apps (WhatsApp, WeChat) in enterprise solutions
• Strong Experience with Application Security Design and Implementation
• Has a very good knowledge about design patterns and development principles
• Understanding of code quality, what are the relevant metrics/indicators/smells and strategies to improve the quality over time
• Ability to work in quick paced, dynamic environment adopting scrum methodology
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written documents and oral presentations, explaining concepts clearly to audiences at various levels of technical knowledge.
• Good understanding of good practices to make application portable across environments and ready for production
Good to have
• Exposure to the following domains is a plus: Domain Driven Design, Behavior Driven Development, Acceptance Testing
• General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Wealth Management
• Speaking at conferences and/or user groups or contributing to open source projects