About the job
- Reinforce the overall CIB first Level of Defence on Conduct and Permanent Control, with a global scope encompassing all Business Lines and regions, and in line with Group policies or supervisor’s recommendations;
- Support the CIB CCCOs and CIB Executive Management to manage the Non-Financial Risk Management framework.
Your Main Activities Are
The Regulatory, Operational, Conduct RISK ANALYST will actively take part and support the CIB CCCO Central Paris team and has the following key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Support and facilitate the continuous improvement of the Risk Management Framework at CIB level on all non-financial risks (operational, conduct, fraud, third party, compliance, regulatory...);
- Produce periodic and ad hoc reports on Recommendations, Past Due Annual Review of Counterparties Credit Files, Historical/Potential Incidents, Conduct metrics and Mandatory Trainings to facilitate operational risk reporting to CIB Top Management (CCCOs, CIB Executive Management);
- Alert the management to key indicators analyzed that do not comply with Group and CIB guidelines and external obligations;
- Analyze and monitor the recommendations issued by Internal & External Auditors and Regulators and allocate to the appropriate business line, process and risk according to the Group and CIB taxonomies;
- Analyze internal Audit reports and Group/CIB Procedures to produce executive summaries for CIB Top Management and CIB community;
- Coordinate, maintain and promote the CCCO SharePoint;
- Analyze and reconcile data, perform controls, investigate root causes of issues and escalate inconsistencies;
- Act as a representative of CIB CCCO Central team towards the CIB first Level Of Defence community, ensure the coordination between teams, data providers and IT and a timely response to their requests;
- Assist CIB CCCO Central Paris team in delivering the projects, in process automation, simplification…
- Contribute to the preparation of the Steering, Executive and Operational Committees.
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor degree (minimum) ideally in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Risk Management or related
- 2 years of professional experience (minimum) ideally in Risk Management, Controls and Banking & Financial Operations
- Strong communication skills up to senior management level
- Highly organized and ability for multi-task
- Rigorous and autonomous
- Team player with high ethics
- Fast learner
- Strong analytical skills (Capacity to synthetize and understand complex projects / processes)
- Advanced knowledge of data management (data integrity, consistency, ownership, …)
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Organization & Strategy; Good understanding of CIB organization is a plus
- Risk Management
- Fluency in English – both verbal and written – is mandatory; French is a plus
- Tools and Methodologies:
- Proficient with MS Office, especially with EXCEL (mandatory); VBA & Power BI skills are a plus
About the Team
CIB CCCO Central is a central Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) team with strong coordination with BNP Paribas Group and CIB domains. The goal of the team is to protect CIB on all Non-Financial Risks such as Operational, Regulatory and Conduct risks.
CIB CCCO Central team is set up to ensure that CIB achieves zero default in respecting BNPP CIB internal policies & procedures and external obligations (ECB, supervisors, auditors,…) and to support the Chief Conduct & Control Officer (CCCO) of each CIB business line and region. This team aims at ensuring that CIB respects the regulatory objectives in terms of controls, properly coordinates and pilots its permanent control framework, adequately monitors Supervisory affairs and Transversal programs in the light of risk management and protection of the bank.
The main objectives of CIB CCCO Central team are:
- Coordinate and foster a dynamic risk management set-up
- Contribute to the robustness, effectiveness and improvement of CIB's Control framework
- Support and facilitate the continuous improvement of the non-financial risk management framework
- Define actions plans to remediate any important non-financial risk
- Deliver projects (non-exhaustive)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal Present in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialized financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.