Chapter Lead Developers @ Risk & Credits
Do you want to take an important role in the Agile transformation of the largest business bank in Belgium?
Do you want to take a leading role in your area of expertise? Do you want to translate the latest developments in your area of expertise to the value proposition of BNP Paribas Fortis?
You can join us @ the Risk & Credits tribe as a Chapter lead for the developers. This tribe has an E2E product responsibility of all solutions to manage the credits and the related risks for BNP Paribas Fortis. The credit activity is of the upmost importance for the bank, bringing about 1/3 of its revenues. The tribe consists of multi-disciplinary teams (squads) combining all the IT & business skills needed to develop & maintain the solutions supporting the credit activity.
Every tribe/squad member is also part of a chapter. As Chapter lead you’re a people manager and expertise lead. This expertise you use to develop the right competences in your chapter and you play an important role in the career development of your chapter members. You are also a part of the tribe leadership.
Your team is consisting of developers, but also integrators and test automation engineers, expert in distributed technologies (C#, .net, PowerBuilder)
The team works at the center of Brussels, just a few 100m from the Central Station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Your Future Job
As Chapter lead for the developers. You manage a team with development skills in C#, .net and PowerBuilder. You report to the IT Tribe Lead, who reports to the CIO of BNP Paribas Fortis.
Your activities as People Manager
- You nurture the employees in your chapter by ensuring they develop the right skills & knowledge and you manage with them their career plans.
- You recruit new chapter members in line with current & future needs of the tribe and ensure a good onboarding of them.
- You support team members on difficult or complex questions and support them in the necessary changes.
- You provide during the year continuous feedback to your chapter members and are responsible for the annual evaluation and the renumeration decisions in your chapter.
- You contribute to the daily functioning of the tribe and represent your chapter in the tribe leadership.
- You help building an open feedback culture at all levels in our tribe and cultivate an open communication and a high level of trust within the tribe
Your activities as expert
- You provide pro-active recommendations based on the market evolutions in your expertise domain.
- You collaborate closely with the squads, products owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders in order to continuously improve the way of working, tools and skills of your chapter members.
- You translate the needs of your expertise area in strategic development points for the chapter/guild.
- Part of your job is also to create an environment that will allow your developers to thrive
- As an expert in your domain, you bring the guidance and necessary coaching to the members of your chapter (best practices, and promote these)
- Being also a « player coach » in your domain, vou can if needed also actively contribute to the delivery activities of the tribe, as a squad member or by driving transversal topics at the level of the tribe
Play your cards.
The following qualities and skills are important
- You have a master degree or equivalent by experience
- You have at least 4 year experience in relevant and similar role
- You have a good knowledge of English, Dutch & French.
- You have a significant background as developer (with one of the following technologies: C#, .net, PowerBuilder).
- You have a strong knowledge of software engineering fundamentals and always aimed for the quality in software
- You know the principles behind clean code
- You have a solid understanding of software testing methodologies
- You have experience with continuous integration/delivery
- You have experience with complex technical projects
- You have Experience in (managing), coaching and mentoring developers.
- You are familiar with the Ins and outs of agile-oriented teams and methodologies
- You have good social skills and have an empathic, you can relate to the feelings and sentiments of the people in your chapter.
- You have passion and drive for innovation
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!