About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking& Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company (Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
Provide value added to all line of business in the country, senior management, BNP Paribas and the group:
- Permanent contribution and advisory in financial, tax and local regulation, including the NAC.
- Reliable financial information that lead to take decisions.
- Strong and efficient internal controls to keep the inherent risks of financial reporting in a good level of acceptance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the accounting and financial reporting risk at acceptable levels through the design, implementation, monitoring and constant operation of the internal financial reporting control system, which allows efficient and effective account control, in accordance with the complexity of the entities position and its operations.
- Ensure compliance with local and corporate information regimes, in the periodicity, timing, technical specificity and quality required, in accordance with the standards set by local regulations and the policies of the BNP Paribas Group.
- Provide reports, including those related to "Management Accounting" to Senior Management, Parent Company and Management Bodies (Board of Directors, Audit and Risk Committees and Shareholders Assembly) on the entity's financial performance and compliance with the regimes applicable prudential (local and corporate).
- Attributions in the custody of assets of the entity (Authorized firm for the agreement of treasury operations, management of liquid resources in banks)
- Support the business lines in the analysis of new products and their implementation in terms of information regimes, accounting production, application of financial, prudential, commercial and production regulations and definition of the required financial reporting standards.
- Guarantee the accounting policies applied by the entity, in accordance with the local and corporate regulatory frameworks applicable to the activity carried out by the site and for each entity.
- Attend the entity's management committees: Committees of: Risks, Audit, Administrative, Regulatory, Regional Finance, Internal Financial Control (led by Paris), Boards of Directors, Shareholders Assembly.
- Main interlocutor with regulators and government supervisors of CIB activities in matters related to finance, prudential limits, taxes and financial regulation in general.
- Responsible for the intra-group relationship in the activities related to Finance and Taxes of CIB Colombia, at the regional level Latam, Americas and Central (Paris).
- According to the "Finance Charter" of BNP Paribas, responsible for the statutory financial statements of CIB entities in Colombia
Professional in economic sciences (Accountant, Administrator, Economist, Finance) with mastery of accounting standards and schemes (IFRS and COLGAAP), mainly of financial instruments and products specifically operated by the entity. Knowledge of tax regimes applicable to the entity and the products operated.
Financial - Institutional and Corporate Banking and Capital Markets: Strategic financial planning, accounting, taxes, internal financial control, financial auditing, internal auditing, financial planning and management, budget, performance management, valuation of financial instruments, financial regulation, tax and commercial.
Financial Area and Taxes / Financial Comptroller and Taxes.
Total: 8 (of which 5 in the position in entities with similar businesses).
Experience in Big Fours - Financial Sector, especially Institutional and Corporate Banking.