In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
1. Be a team member of L2 production support team located across Singapore, Hong Kong and India to ensure 24 * 7 production support for the APAC region.
2. Provide application production support for Cash Management systems within Asia Pacific.
3. Independently debug and propose resolution/work-around for complex production issues.
4. Ensure root cause analysis is performed where necessary and manage resulting action items to completion.
5. Coordinate across various teams to effectively manage production issues and maintenance activities.
6. Respond to user requests, incidents and follow up on problems in a timely manner.
7. Ensure issues are reported, tracked, followed up and escalated timely.
8. Resolve or coordinate the resolution of issues with other internal teams and / or the vendor.
9. Coordinate and follow up with Application teams to ensure permanent fix is prioritized, planned and delivered.
10. Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
11. Contribute to preventive system monitoring and alerting, where appropriate.
12. Support change management process and application releases.
13. Plan and Support Disaster Recovery Test and Business Continuity activities.
14. Support IT Security activities e.g. health checks after security patches.
15. Support end-of-day and end-of-month batch runs.
16. Perform and coordinate regular maintenance activities.
17. Document operation procedures, contribute to knowledge base and cross train other team members to build up functional and technical expertise for our CM applications.
18. Analyze and challenge existing support processes to achieve continuous improvement.
19. Plan and support Live Play exercise.
• Support HKICL applications e.g. new version releases, encryption key renewals etc.
• Liaison with HK regulators on HKICL application related technical queries.
• Attend briefings organized by HKICL to understand the impact to production.
1. Incidents resolution.
2. Preventive maintenance.
3. Pro-active actions / measures to limit corrective maintenance activities.
4. Team management
5. Inquisitive mind
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Technical (Must possess)
• Competent level of expertise i.e. higher than basic, in ORACLE PL/SQL.
• Competent skill level in navigating and investigating at the UNIX/LINUX OS level.
- Good technical troubleshooting and debugging skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux commands
• Must possess a good understanding of JAVA/J2EE applications including a good appreciation of the infrastructural setup required for such applications.
• An appreciation of Websphere/Tomcat/JBOSS.
• WINDOWS skills.
• TIBCO EMS/ TIBCO BW/ TIBCO ADMIN/ MFT / BC / IBM MQ / INFORMATICA
• ITSM tool: Service Now
• Database performance & SQL tuning experience is a plus
• Good technical troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Good understanding of payments, local clearing systems i.e. Cash Management products.
• Possession of experience and/or familiarity of HKICL applications is a strong advantage.
• Appreciation of H2H concept, regulatory reporting.
• Good understanding of ISO 20022 and SWIFT MT messaging standard.
• Understanding and experience in ITIL concepts.
• Possess good analytical skill and self-motivated
• Good team player with strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Results and client oriented.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision but with a keen sense to escalate timely and appropriately.
• Excellent people management and communication skills. Able to write clearly in English to convey the intended message.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Good command of spoken and written English. Working command of spoken and written Mandarin is preferable. Working command of spoken Cantonese is an advantage.
• Strong experience in and preference for application production support. Must have a production support mindset.
• Strong technical background in web based applications development on JAVA/J2EE/TIBCO platform.
• Experience in supporting payments and local clearing applications in APAC region.
Customer/Supplier Relations :
- Business lines e.g. TBA
- Middle Office e.g. PCMO
- Back Office e.g. ARPC
- ICM IT teams e.g. Payment, CDL
• Vendors of local cash management solutions e.g. FIS, Nucleus.
• Regulators i.e. HKICL, BCS.