About the job
- The Client Service Officer is the front line operational point of contact for a client regarding any of their post-trade / post-sales activities. The team’s main objective is to manage clients’ expectations and so be responsible for providing the client with the appropriate answer within a timely manner, coordinating with other teams in the Bank when necessary. They play an important role in ensuring and improving day-to-day operational efficiency for maintaining and improving effective client queries management and as such directly contributing to the clients’ satisfaction.
Your Main Activities Are
- Provide CIB clients with a first line entry point for support in their post-sales and post-trade activities
- Maintain a dynamic, interactive and pro-active relationship with the clients and with the internal stakeholders, ranging from Front Office to Back Office and Support Functions
- Report and handle in the appropriate way any incidents, complaints and claims according to procedures and policies in place
- Handle the necessary steps for providing the client with the necessary e-banking solutions and products, ranging from contracting to the technical set-up of these tools and products, and ensure day to day queries management linked to their usage
- Add value in the day to day interaction between the bank and its clients, by engaging and coordinating internally with key stakeholders and relay back to the clients the necessary information, and vice-versa
- Be an active member of the team and take ownership of the activities by recommending improvements to applications and working practices
- Get an accurate and updated understanding of the needs of a client and understand their Market and operating environment. Identify opportunities to introduce alternative or additional products to their activities and advice the relevant Front Office staff
Profile and Skills to Success
- University Attendance
- Studies in Economy / Finance / Management / Other
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience in Client Service / Cash Management / Payments
- Fluent in English, both written and oral are mandatory
- Knowledge in
- CRM tools
- Internal BNPP applications require skills as IT user
- Office pack
- Microsoft tools (word, excel, ppt, outlook)
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
- Client focused
- Organisational skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process