You will be responsible for the strategy, delivery and continuous improvement in the application integration and data platform domains.
Areas of responsibility:
You will define the product vision and the product backlog with your counterpart in the business and IT organization supported by Business Analysts, which will also include IT strategic objectives (technical upgrades, platform migration and architectural refresh). You will build the product roadmap as per priorities and you will drive the product evolution.
You will manage demand and capacity of your product portfolio and team by ensuring that product roadmap is aligned with the resource plan and monitor resource/budget consumption and new demand impact on current plans. Your product portfolio will include ESB, ETL, MDM, Tableau, internal insured search application, call center application and screening platform based on C-link solution.
You will effectively manage team dynamics when working cross-functionally and over boundaries. You will be the voice of your Team in cross-functional meetings, suggest solutions and alternatives for business problems, share plans, impacts, risks, work with Architects to ensure that proposed solution meets technical standards.
You will support managing a product team consisting of Software or Integration Engineers and Testing Engineers by setting and monitoring objectives linked to overall IT and company goals, assuring IT and Project governance compliance. You will be responsible for the quality of your team’s artefacts (estimates, specifications, software, handover documentation) through instilling quality at source and collaborative culture in your team. You will be responsible for building healthy team environment where constructive feedback is heard and acted upon. Your role may include managing offshore teams to warrant that SLAs are maintained and resources are effectively utilized.
The team you support managing will be the key to delivering Cardif Japan’s data platform strategy, based on ETL, data visualization and reporting solutions.
You will maintain the consistency and the sustainability of your products by challenging/by aligning with the Business and IT Owner(s) supported by Business Analysts as well as challenging IT vendors on the work estimates and provide your input to Information System Masterplan (ISMP) for the respective area.
You will manage team KPIs (resource utilization, production support ratio, incident trends, velocity for Agile development, timely deliveries, quality). You will also communicate on a regular basis how the product contributes to business KPIs
You will work with Testing Manager on implementing and monitoring test strategy.
You will participate and encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value – give people space to think creatively.
Lead a multi-disciplinary product team to deliver excellent new platforms/applications and/or iterations to existing ones to meet user needs
Build a strong relationship with business and IT teams, understand their current and future needs, proactively propose evolutions
Propose fit-for-purpose solutions to meet the requirements
Consolidate and manage portfolio of all application and data integration services, including the cases, when these services are created by other IT teams.
Regularly check with Regional architecture teams for any updates/upgrades of regional integration platforms, assess the impact on local development and operations, plan and execute local portion of the activity.
Define and get user buy in for product definition and delivery approach from stakeholders and sponsor
Maintain prioritized product backlog by analyzing business and IT requirements, providing estimates and suggesting alternative cost-efficient solutions when costs do not justify benefits
Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviors, technological trends across various IT platforms and their implications for successful delivery of IT services
Have security and quality at source mindset. Review main deliverables of your team (specifications, test plans, handover documents, estimates, proposals from vendors), promote test-driven development (TDD).
Disseminate an understanding of the marketplace, including best practice, costs, suppliers, methodologies and skills to both internal and external stakeholders
Be actively involved across the business and technology communities to promote the department’s principles and foster a collaborative approach to solution delivery and engagement
• In-depth knowledge of insurance industry, products, sales and distribution channels, subscription, underwriting, policy adjustment and claims processes in both individual and group insurance. General knowledge about insurance accounting and actuarial. Solid knowledge of IT trends pertaining to the domain (master data management, system integration, data architecture).
• This is a management position of a multi-disciplinary team of IT experts. You will be responsible for performance management, training, planning and work organization, and the ongoing development of the team.
• Reach project outcomes within specified scope, budget and time
• Strong oral and written communications skills (both Japanese and English fluency)
• Good listening and presentation skills
• Ability to convince peers with IT and Business
• 5+ years of hands-on experience of system development in Java and solid grasp of Software Development Lifecycle.
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle 11g/12c (Oracle Master Silver or above, PL/SQL), SQL server knowledge would be a plus
• Good grasp of system architecture, software design patters, integration platforms and architectures (batch, real-time)
• 3+ years hands-on experience with data and application integration platforms (ETL, ESB, MDM)
• API design and development experience would be considered a plus.
• Strong solution design skills using MS Visio or any other diagraming tools
• At least 2 years of team and/or vendor management experience
• Solid grasp of project management methodology (Prince, PMP), understanding of Agile development