BNPP Cardif Japan is looking for a Data Architect to join our Architecture team in IT department and create topnotch architecture for our IT systems and applications that powers crucial business decisions throughout the organization. We are looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who is passionate about architecting systems at scale. You’ll be the mastermind behind our evolving architecture maturity in the areas of data foundation, digitization, cloud, API, application integration etc. You will be the one who knows latest tools & technologies that help create application & functional architecture for the systems that meet present and future requirements of Cardif Japan and its partners /customer.
As a Data Architect, you will contribute to the future of BNP Paribas Cardif Japan by overseeing upcoming data projects, ensuring they are aligned with group standards and industry best practices. This role must be comfortable interfacing, interacting, and supporting multiple teams and working with business managers, application developers, data architects, data scientists, business analysts, and project managers, at local, regional and global levels. The ideal candidate has a passion for latest technologies, industry standards, localization, significant experience in technical architecture (especially of InsureTech, FinTech), enjoys working in a self-directed environment. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
You will be responsible for the architecture of all projects. You will deliver architecture solutions by assessing the technological landscape to identify solutions and opportunities, compare, analyze, and document the outcomes. Also set the direction for adopting technologies that are in line with Group standards and meeting the requirements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Serve as data architect for projects and support application owners
- Work with application owners and Regional /Corporate counterparts to create architectural design with hands-on approach
- Create and own the documentation of architecture design and solutions for data projects
- Conduct architecture review meetings, presentations with Region /Corporate counterparts and attain approvals for the architecture solutions
- Defend the design of planned systems at Regional or Corporate architectural review meetings
- Create and maintain Enterprise Architecture Department portal /repository for information management and sharing
- Perform research and develop of working prototypes & PoCs to prove the concepts and present to the head of architecture & business leaders
- Perform solution comparisons /analyses and present the results to stakeholders
- Create technical papers outlining vision and best practices for data solutions
- Contribute to Architecture Review Board meetings with presentations & demonstrations
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a data architect or in a similar role
- Expertise on the overall data eco-system’s engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data architecture, data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise in some of the following technologies: Cloud Data Lakes, RDBMS, NoSQL, Big Data Hadoop technologies, distributed technologies, ETL tools, data modeling for transactional as well as reporting focuses.
- Leading the design of architectural roadmaps, database, data access and data technology architectures
- Experience in working with infra teams and knowledge on infra and h/w technologies is desirable
- Experience in working with security teams and knowledge on cyber security is desirable
- Exposure to data science fundamentals and familiarity with tools & technologies like Domino
- Fluent English and business-level Japanese for communication with internal IT and non-IT teams, external development partners and 3-rd party solution providers
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering (Computer Science, Information Systems or related)
Expected soft-skill profile
- Ability to drive architectural decisions, incorporate business and technology strategy into architectural solutions proposals
- Ability to deal with vague requirements, rapid iterations; be nimble and take smart risks.
- Ability to educate others with persuasion and passion
- Credibility and confidence when presenting and communicating
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, suggest new approaches to old problems, promote continuous improvement and creativity
- Result-driven, eager to own activities, attention to details, and be responsible
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious, and never-tiring learner