About the job
- Within Group BNP Paribas Finance Function, Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) Finance is the department that measures, controls and explains the financial reporting of the Region’s entities, covering a large part of BNP Paribas Business Lines. EMEA Finance is a cross-border organization with teams operating in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon on behalf of the different countries of the Region
- In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams - Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the monitoring of Capital Market Businesses controlling the reconciliation of the accounting and economical P&L followed by the Front and Middle Offices. Main financial instruments in scope are Derivatives, Forex, Bonds, Issuer bonds, Equities, Commodities
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of the breaks identified
- Challenge P&L figures recognized by the business so that to ensure the reliability of economical and accounting data related to Capital Markets activities
- Contribute to the BNP Paribas Group Financial statements and Regulatory Reporting
- Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Operations (Middle Offices and Back offices), Front Offices, IT and other support groups
- Make suggestions to improve operational processes, control framework and team’s efficiency
Profile and Skills to Success
- BSc / MSc Degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
- Previous professional experience in Finance within the Banking sector (Financial Accounting, Reporting, Business/financial analysis
- Fluency in English
- Excel (including core functions as Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
- Knowledge in Financial, Management and Banking Accounting
- Good knowledge of Financial instruments
- Good communication skills
- Rigorous and attentive to details
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.