About the job
Development of solutions for Global Markets Resources team for the management of financial resources to analyse/explain large amounts of data and predict seasonal variations. The focus will be on analysing impacts of the new BIV Counterparty framework.
Your Main Activities Are
- Balance-Sheet Monitoring, Optimization and Forecast
- Produce monitoring reports for Balance Sheet metrics (Leverage exposure, GSIB, Single Resolution Fund) at desk/product level
- Analyse and explain variations liaising with Front Office, Finance and Risk departments
- Participation to optimization actions
- Ensure regulatory texts are accurately applied and implemented in systems
- Participate to enhancement of data quality
- Quarterly reconciliation with Finance / Risk data to identify potential areas of improvement
- Build forward-looking Balance Sheet projections based on business growth and market data forecast
- Assess impact of Balance Sheet on other resources (funding, NSFR – Net stable funding ratio)
- Assess Balance Sheet sensitivity to main market data (e.g. EUR/USD FX spot rate, 10Y euro interest rates, commodities prices)
- Quarterly capital run exercises
- Production of inputs required for capital run computation
- Perform first level analysis of source data
- Ensure regular communication of the results during the capital run to the impacted business lines in a timely manner
- Perform required adjustments/corrections where possible
- Production of overall departments’ capital explain per type of risk and first level analysis
- Maintain the overall database to log all capital adjustments performed by the team for all types of risks
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar areas (preferential)
- Good knowledge of programming languages (i.e., R, VBA, Python, SQL (plus))
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to extract and process large amounts of data
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Proactive and capacity to deliver results with precision and rigorousness
- Team spirit and ability to work with others
- Interest in financial markets
About the Team
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
- Our Portugal Platform (Porto and Lisbon) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning…).
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.