The analyst is responsible for the controlled automation of Finance processes. Working as part of a change team, the analyst must first understand and document a process. Suitable automation options are evaluated and then a solution is implemented. All automation is done in an as agile manner as possible and yet a steady control framework is always maintained.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
Amongst the different tasks and responsibilities proper to each team, you will:
Review Finance Processes
• Collecting and analyzing user requirements and business processes.
• Liaising with users for requirements gathering, UAT and migration testing up to successful delivery of the end product.
• Ensuring each finance sub-process is framed within the context of End 2 End business and finance processes
Projects, Operational Process Improvements:
• Developing functional specification for delivery to IT.
• Performing system testing to ensure that development is in line with functional specification.
• Also agile delivery of automation in partnership with users
• Liaising with counterparts in IT and PMO organizations in New York, New Jersey, London, Mumbai and Paris.
• Ensuring on-time quality delivery of all activities assigned.
• Providing users with Subject Matter Expertise for Finance processes & systems.
• Communicate project status, risks and issues in alignment to Manager and Key Stakeholders
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
• Provide reporting coverage by learning the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up and training his back-up on the preparation of the report and tasks under his responsibility
• Participate in staff development and evaluation, as well as staffing operational process (recruiting, hiring, training). Help ensure that staff’s skills and competencies can support reporting requirements.
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Excellent technological skills – e.g. Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau
• Excellent Knowledge of Excel skills
• Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Accounting and/or Finance knowledge highly desriable
• CPA designation in progress is beneficial
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in French and English
• Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the business lines and back office transactional contacts
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a BNP Paribas employee in Montreal, you will benefit from:
• Working in a brand new Flexible working office space
• Giving back to the community through the Volunteering committee (Tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.)
• Participating in various activities through the Sports & Leisure Committee all year round
• Improving hard and soft skills thanks to the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings
• Summer Fridays, Lunch & Learn, and much more
• Contribute to the bank’s diversity through Employee Resource Groups
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign investment banks and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 800 employees, and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as ambitious talents from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. Our policies promote equity and diversity and we pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
For the sixth year in a row, BNP Paribas has received the Top Employer Europe certification. Furthermore, in 2018 UN Women announced BNP Paribas as the new HeForShe Thematic Champion to accelerate progress towards gender equality. BNP Paribas Canada is recognized for the excellence of its training and was granted the Certificate for the quality of training initiatives (CQIF) by la Commission des partenaires du marché du travail (CPMT).