MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The COO Office supports the strategic initiatives of CIB’s operations and the near-shoring Platform in Canada. Its focus areas include high-level platform surveillance, advisory services with team or program managers and transversal project management for various sponsors.
The intern will be part of a dynamic, transversal and evolving environment that will be at the core of all initiatives in Canada.
• Provide Project management support to the Project managers and Chief of Staff
Assist in organizing and leading project meetings to ensure a proper monitoring of the projects deliverables, timeline, risks and dependencies on:
• Change Management initiatives
• Regulatory projects
• Performance initiatives (dashboard, cost studies…)
• Ad-hoc projects or special assignment
• Support the Canada Platform:
• Manage prioritization of tasks, initiatives and projects
• In coordination with Chief of Staff, organize senior management visits, events and committees
• Contribute to the preparation of Canada COO committees and other committees or meetings (including agenda and corporate presentations)
• Contribute & participate in the development effort of the Platform
• Assist in the annual Platform budget preparation if required
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Fluent in French and English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to work with a distributed multinational and multicultural teams
• Good communication skills
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Knowledge of the banking industry
• Keen interest in following the evolving trends in the industry
• Ability to understand and summarize complex and/or technical issues
• Project management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Prioritization of tasks / organization and ability to multi-task
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.