At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Seasoned professional contributor works independently with limited supervision. Provides retirement planning strategies for Mass Affluent clients ($250,000 - $ 5 MM) by assessing the client's past, present and future financial needs, objectives and requirements. Meets needs by proactively building relationships with clients, providing ongoing advice and drawing on the range of available R&I products by using the BOW pitch book, playbook and conducting in-depth Premier Retirement checkup analysis for clients. Initiates and proactively cultivates relationships with Financial Advisors, Relationship Managers, and other WMG or bank partners including Branch Managers and others.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides financial strategies for client financial needs by collecting and analyzing client financial data to determine which products best meet the client’s financial needs, and providing advice to the client as to what investment products are in the client’s best interest.
- Acts as a fully integrated “Subject Matter Expert” for Investments and Advisory Services & Life Insurance in the Wealth Management Group 360 degree client experience.
- Partners with Relationship managers to provide outstanding overall Wealth Management Group 360 degree client experience for all accounts with assets above $250K up to $5MM.
- Creates financial plans for customers and deepens relationships with existing book of business clients.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the bank’s products and offerings, and promotes these products and offerings amongst clients as appropriate.
- Provides outstanding customer service by following up on any client service request.
- Fulfills all regulatory and firm compliance obligations as detailed in policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collaborates with WMG and BOTW partners.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to develop / maintain cumulative IAS book of business of $ 9 - $ 20 mm over period of years.
- Responsible to grow IAS book of business to meet and exceed annual goal levels.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Series License-7 Active FINRA Series 7 & 66 or (63/65) and State Insurance license required. Upon Hire
- Series License-66 Active FINRA Series 7 & 66 or (63/65) and State Insurance license required Upon Hire
- Knowledge of securities and financial industry; Bank products and service knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse clientele.
- Good knowledge of mass market segment investment needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to navigate easily through Internet based systems.
- Knowledge and experience with various analysis & planning tools to include MoneyguidePro, EnvestNet analytics, Trust Service analytics and other tools.
- Excellent communication skills required in verbal and written communication, customer service, planning, organizational and making presentations.
- Good understanding of Wealth management model and team capabilities including a working knowledge of: How trust can be used for legacy planning; Stock option planning; Gift planning Financial planning to include retirement and cash flow planning Experience with Advisory platforms; Familiarity with all investment products offered within WMG Proven track record with Life Insurance including a working knowledge of how insurance can be used i.e., wealth protection, Liquidity Creation, Wealth accumulation, Wealth transfer.
Annual Hiring Range:
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for quarterly and annual incentives.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status, and employees who are not fully vaccinated may be required to undergo regular testing.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.