In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The APAC CIB CCCO OPC Project Office mandate is to identify, lead or support transformation projects aiming at reaching a level of excellence in non-financial risks management, in alignment with BNP Paribas CIB ambition to be a trusted and reliable partner for our clients.
The Business Project Manager for the CCCO OPC Project Office will notably ensure in full synchronization with his hierarchical manager, and in close collaboration with the OPCs in the region:
(1) Implementation of the target operating model for management of non-financial risks in BAU and across the region - as defined in the APAC OPC Charter ;
- Secure end-to-end implementation of validated transformation initiatives through solid framing, Drive and quality delivery ;
(2) Maintenance of a holistic vision of the operating model in place, its strengths and weaknesses, by leveraging the OPC community as per defined roles & responsibilities ;
- Develop and maintain KPIs ;
(3) Proposing/defining evolutions of the operating model deemed necessary in lights of new requirements / demands from legitimate third parties (e.g. Regulators), threats and opportunities identified ;
- Derive viable solutions through structured analysis and diagnostic of situations and innovative/problem solving mindset ;
- Ensure the APAC OPC Charter being up to date with evolution of the operating model and available to all ;
- Participate to the definition and execution of trainings to support implementation of the operating model and make it sustainable ;
- Contribute to the OPC community development through continuous feedback, sharing best practices identified, training and community events organization ;
- Participate to the identification/definition/implementation of strategic initiatives, e.g.
i) explore dynamic identification/monitoring of risks using Data ;
ii) explore how to strengthen the added-value position/proposition of OPCs to partners ;
- Can represent the APAC CIB CCCO in transformation projects if & when deemed necessary by her/his hierarchical manager ;
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Behavioral Competencies :
- Critical thinking ;
- Ability to synthetize/simplify ;
- Ability to deliver / results driven ;
- Personal Impact / Ability to Influence ;
Technical Competencies :
- > 3 years of relevant experience in Project Management, Transformation Programs and Process & Organization Consulting with businesses ;
- Experience in leading projects transversal to businesses/functions and/or transformation program involving senior stakeholders ;
- Candidate with knowledge of CIB APAC Corporate Banking organization – Front to Back –, management and processes ;
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Good understanding of non-financial risks management principles and processes ;
- Expertise in some non-financial risks and related control processes / governances ;