About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- The Experienced Project Manager will be able to take in charge a large / complex project or handle 2 less complex/smaller projects in parallel. In either case, this will include
- Clarify the objective and scope, the dependencies, major risks & issues and confirm the sponsorship
- Ensure a clear business rationale is associated to the contemplated project (incl. high level ROI)
- Size roughly the effort required to design the solution & execute the projects
- Identify contributors to be on-boarded for the study
- Clearly state the business requirements, cost and time-frame of the project
- Identify risk and dependencies that could jeopardize project execution
- Establish the full financial of the project (cost, associated revenues or savings)
- Design the project governance (roles & responsibilities, governance bodies, stakeholders identification)
- Design project roadmap, secure the resource plan (skills, capacity) and prioritization / funding for those resources
- Drive the execution of the roadmap
- Identify risk & issues and propose a mitigation action plan
- Raise alerts / escalate issues / review the roadmap if required
- Monitor the budget consumption
- Monitor the feedback from contributors on project management and adjust when required
- Prepare and chair governance bodies, produce adequate reporting, communicate
- Collect feedback from project participants
- Identify good practices/factors of success and fields of improvement
- Update project management toolkit with lessons learnt.
- The Project Manager is also accountable to ensure that solutions designed for the project fit with the principles and are validated by the relevant validation bodies
- Overall sound IT architecture
- Target Operating Model with clear mandate for each team
- Strong controls framework
- Simple and efficient working
- It is also expected from the PM with this level of seniority that they will
- Be able to provide Project progress KPI, allowing to demonstrate adherence (or not) to initial plan
- Proactively propose and set-up mitigation plans
- Publish their own highlights relative to their project
- Develop a culture of the planning, be able to keep a direction in order to meet the deadlines
- Be able to take decisions linked to the project when necessary and when it goes under PM Mandate
- Manage other project resources working on the project under their lead, within DRIVE or not
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Project management, Capital Markets or similar fields
- In-depth knowledge of Front Office to Finance processing chains logics
- Good technical understanding of capital markets products
- Experience in a project manager role for at least 4 years
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Organised and delivery-focused, with attention to detail
- Proactive, proposing or taking own initiative to prevent risks / issues
- Ability to work well under pressure and to take the initiative
- Solid work ethic, high level of motivation and resilience
- Comfortable operating with a strong level of autonomy, self-driven
- Showing leadership and assertiveness
About the Team
- DRIVE is specifically under Global Markets – IT & Operations (GM ITO), and is at the heart of Global Markets (GM) and Asset/Liability Management & Treasury (ALMT), contributing to alignment between Front Office and Functions
- Project Managers within DRIVE play the role of architects (end-to-end) of the GM / ALMT Value Chain. Within DRIVE, the Project Implementation practice hosts the Project Managers for vertical (Front-Office to accounting) or transversal (across several FO business lines or users groups or locations/entities) projects, especially for their implementation phase. The DRIVE Project Implementation (DRIVE PI) covers GM and ALMT business lines globally
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Finance d'entreprise
On entend par « Finance d’entreprise » l’ensemble des métiers qui permettent de gérer les finances internes de BNP Paribas, cruciaux pour maintenir la solidité et la position de leader du Groupe sur ses marchés.En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.