BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project managers are expected to integrate and strengthen the CIB Portugal Transformation team to help on structuring, coordination, supervision and project management. As such their mission is to facilitate and ensure the success of transformation projects, whilst striving for the continuous improvement of their team’s project management methodologies and related tools.
All successful candidates will benefit from several training opportunities and team interactions that will provide them with the required banking know-how to allow them to drive transformation into the core of BNP Paribas.
As Project Manager, you will advise or manage end-to-end projects ensuring that the key project outcomes are delivered:
• Propose meaningful project structure and governance, and manage key stakeholders
• Provide method and expertise to frame and execute the project on time, on quality and on budget
• Lead the project team on a daily basis (tasks allocation, priorisation, etc.) to ensure successful delivery
• Bring top-down perspective and escalate any transversal issues
• Master’s Degree in Management, Finance, Economics or Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management is required
• Excellent command of English. French is a plus
• Previous experience in an investment banking and/or strategy and management consulting would be appreciated
• Mastery of project management methodologies and tools
• Proficient command of Microsoft tools
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Highly organised and able to multi-task
• Able to take on the Facilitator role, mobilising project contributors with ease
• Energetic, proactive, determined, drives change, positive, goal-focused and consistent
• Seek to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity and by balancing costs and profits
• Create an open and supportive atmosphere, encouraging others to express themselves
• Capable of delivering impactful presentations to the internal clients
• Proven emotional and situational intelligence to influence positively clients towards change
• Provide honest and independent advice
• Act with discretion, privacy, respecting confidentiality
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.