About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Business Intelligence department is part of ITG FRESH supporting Finance and Risk teams. Primarily responsible for business analysis, technical support and developing tactical business intelligence solutions for Finance and Risk teams globally.
Sr. Associate/Assistant Manager
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The BI Developer will be part of the FRESH Finance Business Intelligence team and the overall Finance community, developing BI solutions, contributing to development & implementation a strategy, establishing standards and processes, for agile; sustainable Business Intelligence solutions.
The Sr. Developer/Assistant Manager will be responsible development and delivery of Business Intelligence Solutions using Alteryx, Tableau or Power-BI, Excel (with VBA) and SQL Servers to support Finance and Risk teams.
- Propose and develop solutions using Tableau as the primary visualization tool and Excel or Alteryx, SQL/Oracle Servers/Databases for acquisition, storage and processing needs.
- Optimization of performance of Tableau/Alteryx/Power-BI reports being deployed in a global environment.
- Analyze data and systems to identify data sourcing, structuring, modeling and transformation requirements.
- Develop prototypes using multiple sourcing, transformation and storage tools.
- Present and explain functionalities, alternatives of different tools and applicability to specific situations and processes.
- Decode and document applications developed by the team or transferred to the team.
- Project management (Techno-functional role, multiple projects), and reporting of specific projects assigned to the individual
- Interact with users to understand requirements in a dynamic environment in an agile fashion.
- Manage enhancement and update schedules for the BI applications
- Contribute to transversal Finance optimization projects
- Support maintenance, troubleshooting and management of BI applications
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Expertise in Tableau and Power-BI (desktop and server) should have developed complex dashboards.
- Alteryx is used as a key transformation tool, so experience in the tool will give an advantage
- Comfortable with Python scripts and VBA applications for MS Excel, MS Access
- Basic office productivity tools (Outlook, Lotus Notes, Word, Power Point)
- Documentation of applications, processes and user guides with agreement on timelines and delivery.
- Different data sourcing, structuring, modeling, and storage concepts.
- Ability to analyze data sets, identify relationships, controls and processes.
- Ability to design solutions and prototypes based on requirements or broad ideas.
- Extrapolating business process ideas into comprehensive BI solutions ranging from data acquisition, processing and storage.
- Understand business requirements and translate them in to Technical requirements.
- Experience in waterfall & agile-scrum models in software development life cycle.
- Ability to manage multiple projects through different stages, evolving requirements and conditions.
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and processes
Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E., MCA or Graduate equivalent Degree
3+ years’ experience required
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.