At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting and the management and coordination of processes, systems technology and business intelligence in support of this reporting and for the needs of a business line. Provides business leadership, advice and support to management, staff and systems users in the application of technology to business projects and services.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Develops, maintains and utilizes business intelligence and reporting tools necessary for measuring the Group’s productivity and, in turn, supporting a business line.
- Develops and manages databases from the download of raw data from the host systems to departmental systems. Analyzes the utilization of downloaded data and reports to determine the feasibility of complete automation of reporting.
- Develops, with Information Technology and operating divisions, in particular product groups, both long-range and short-range plans and provides detail for the acquisition and installation of software and equipment.
- Provides Group level KPI analytics and reporting to management. Including the development and monitoring of pipeline reporting, referral tracking, product goals, client portfolio reports, etc.
- Manages systems and business intelligence staff including selection, work allocation, development and performance management.
- Directs the continuing review of present systems and work processes, examining techniques in use and determining appropriate changes to effect improvement, reduce costs and enhance efficiency.
- Interfaces with users, vendors, and Information Technology to ensure compliance with their requirements for applications being developed.
- Supports and implements initiatives and vendor relationships.
- Supports managers by working within the business line to improve communication, system availability and customer service.
- Oversees the development and facilitation of training classes on new or updated procedures as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Systems
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Management skills in particular managing technical staff
- Strong programming skills
- Strong knowledge of business systems and database management
- Strong knowledge of SQL database
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including EXCEL, ACCESS, Project, Visio, Word, and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of OLAP or MOLAP cubes and Business Intelligence Reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Visual Basic.net Familiar with Banking Systems
- Strong understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance