BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
We are recruiting a Business Development Manager – MESA in our Abu Dhabi office. The main purpose of the role is to build business from a strategic client segment in coordination with global strategy and drive additional revenue with prospective clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services expanding the client footprint in the MESA region.
• Pro-actively drive new business by prospecting, cold calling and networking in the region ensuring the CRM systems are updated accordingly.
• Generate new opportunities with new logo clients in the region to meet KPIs in order to reach / exceed sales targets
• Build a reputation as a trusted advisor at a senior management level with prospects to understand their strategy position BNP Paribas offering accordingly in order to close new contracts.
• Develop, own and execute a sales strategy for the region following a structured sales process / methodology to generate new business from target prospects across the region
• Negotiating / closing opportunities and ensuring successful implementation
• Coordinate a calling program for BNP Paribas sponsors travelling to the region to help drive new business opportunities
• Develop, maintain and share knowledge on prospect, market, industry, competitive product offering and regulatory developments
• Help position BNP Paribas as a market leader in delivering quality services and a thought leader in developing innovative client solutions and raise BNP Paribas profile in the MESA region
• Ensure an up-to-date strategic relationship plan is in place and actions are delivered upon working with colleagues within BP2S to acquire knowledge of their products and cross sell them to clients
• Participating in industry and professional networking events providing a conduit of news related to the region as is relevant to the business
• Providing market feedback to product management on gaps in current products or Solutions
• Complying with BP2S practices & procedures and applying Group and BP2S corporate values
• Contribute to risk control by providing input to the annual credit review of the client relative to anticipated future global activity
Skills and Experience required:
• Knowledge and experience of working with Middle Eastern client base
• Hunter pedigree with proven new business sales track record
• Strong prospecting skills coupled with an effective closing ability
• Ability to run complex, multi stakeholder sales processes and lead RFP bids
• Relevant experience in a corporate or institutional relationship management role
• Industry and product knowledge, particularly in the asset owner / asset manager and securities services industry
• Proven track record of hitting revenue targets and client retention / revenue expansion
• Proven people and stakeholder management expertise, including experience navigating in political environment
• Effectively liaising with a number of individuals throughout the organisation with the ability to build effective long lasting relationships
• Ability to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines as dictated by internal teams, prospects, consultants and clients.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Excellent client facing skills
• Good presentation skills, both written and oral with strong attention to detail
• Problem solving skills, strategic thinking and creativity
• Willingness to travel
• Industry experience or professional qualifications relating to asset owner and asset management, or securities services
• Results driven – Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity, and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
• Decision making skills – Makes clear choices at the right time, based on fact analysis and judgement. Has the confidence to make the appropriate decisions at times of uncertainty.
• Adaptability – Changes behaviour taking into account the constraints and benefits in changing circumstances. Is able to work effectively in different situations and with several stakeholders.
• Client Focus - Creates a culture of excellence across all levels of UK in terms of client communication and internal communication, in a timely manner.
• Respect - People internally and externally are motivated to listen to, support and act upon their guidance
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Primary Location: AE-Abu DhabiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: SALES DEVELOPMENTEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change