BNP Paribas Securities Services is a
multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the
world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables
us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and
local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas
Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662
trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932
This role will either be based in Glasgow or Dundee depending on the successful candidate
UK Middle Office Operational Business Transformation Department exists to
provide subject matter expertise & business analysis services into Middle
Office portfolio of projects budgeted for in any given year.
and change initiatives which the team are involved in include the following
categories: Client Changes, Client Implementation, Efficiency, Operational,
Product Development, Regulatory, Strategic and Technical Projects.
support provided includes provision of skilled resources to undertake projects
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the role is to act as a Business Change
Specialist on a large transformational project designing and implementing our
next generation Middle Office service and system capability.
The role will require the successful candidate to work
closely with colleagues and stakeholders across departments and global
- Contribute insight and analysis into potential projects/businesses cases ensuring accurate estimates for benefits and other project deliverables are SMART.
- Gathering, defining, agreeing and documenting requirements to ensure traceability and favourable project control
- Design of operating models, both tactical and strategic, to support business change, ensuring these are understood and signed off by all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide accurate status tracking and reporting, issue management (including facilitating workshops when required), managing actions, dependency Management, chairing/attending governance meetings ensuring sufficient escalation where required.
- Where required, completing all necessary processes documentation and procedures to promote projects into the production environment, including the management of deployment dates, plans, sign-offs, migration planning, training plans and contingency / back-out plans.
- Supporting our client and project integrated change control process. This may also mean dealing directly with our client in a professional manner.
- Collation of materials, chairing and minuting the project documents and internal / external meetings. Using the appropriate brainstorming, facilitation techniques and business analysis tools and techniques to ensure requirements meet the business need.
- Participation and representation of BNP Paribas Securities Services at regular client update meetings
- Dealing with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Effective project risk management
- Work with Subject Matter experts and Ops Teams across global locations
- Identification and completion of any testing requirements to support implementation of business change.
and Experience required
Key Competencies and Technical
Experience required for the role:
- Financial services experience is essential
- Operational experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Asset Servicing operations including processing or corporate actions & income
- Trade Management operations – matching & settlement for listed securities, FX & MM
- Reconciliations - Operational experience in reconciliations & cash management including stock, cash & OTC reconciliations
- Client Reporting - Operational experience in closed period mandate reporting production & oversight
- Previous experience of industry systems including XSP, Intellimatch or Vermillion
- Client facing experience (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Ability to clearly articulate, communicate and manage project details or updates to a variety of Stakeholders
- Excellent active listening
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to identify solutions and drive through to completion
- Familiarity with Business Analysis approaches, tools and phase of the project lifecycle
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations and in a high pace environment
- Competent and sufficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word,Excel etc)
Qualifications required for the role:
- Degree and/or A Level or equivalent educational qualification
- Business Analysis and/or Project Management Qualification (Business Analysis qualification preferred)
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2.
Primary Location: GB-SCO-GlasgowJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSISEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Decision MakingTransversal competency: Analytical Ability