MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
BNP Paribas Regulatory Compliance IT is supporting Compliance functions within BNP Paribas Corporate and Institution Banking. Capital Markets Surveillance team within Regulatory Compliance IT is supporting Compliance users performing Trade Surveillance for CIB.
BA/PM role within BNP Paribas Regulatory Compliance IT, Capital Markets Surveillance team. The analyst will face the Compliance managers and users performing surveillance for Equity, Futures and Commodities. Applicative platforms are Actimize and SMARTS Broker.
• Build relationships and be a trusted advisor and primary contact point for Compliance and partner IT groups. Solving complex issues that may require facilitation of multiple resources.
• Work with Compliance users as analyst to gather requirements.
• Understand & interpret BRD and write Functional Specifications for Model development/enhancement in Capital Market Trade Surveillance.
• Analyze and research data needs for model development and enhancements.
• Work with Front Office IT with respect to data source procurement and requirement analysis for model development & enhancement.
• Comply with Project Management process through all phases of the project life cycle.
• Develop BA test plan and test scripts and test new/enhanced surveillance scenarios and “debug” with developers
• Conduct & manage UAT with users.
• Work on multiple projects and respect aggressive schedule
• Work and coordinate with off-shore and near-shore teams.
• Manage Compliance and other stakeholder expectations to ensure full transparency.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of experience in financial markets (Fixed Income, Equities and / or Commodities) products / instruments.
• Strong experience with order lifecycle and trade lifecycle.
• Knowledge of the Front-to-Back office processes (confirmations, settlements etc.)
• Experience of front/back office software development with an Investment Bank, Asset Management or Hedge fund.
• Experience with conducting detailed business and operational analysis for problem identification, system deployment and system enhancement. Good understanding of entire SDLC process – Requirements Gathering to Post-Implementation
• Strong written & communication skills.
• Strong SQL skills (Oracle, or SQL Server). Experience with data analysis & discovery to support Functional specification.
• Self-motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning with a team environment.
• Ability to work in a complex environment and successfully perform with multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Experience with working with Compliance. Knowledge of Trade surveillance tools like Actimize, SMARTS Broker etc.
• Experience working with near- and off-shore teams.
• Development background.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.