In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
To ensure the stability of financial markets required for the real economy to grow, regulators are increasingly targeting at Banks to provide more comprehensive and more frequent information on their activities. As a privileged partner for the regulators, the Finance department sees its reporting process reinvented. The APAC Fresh team, located at the junction of Finance and IT, is responsible for designing and maintaining solutions.
Our team captures reporting requirements from the users located all across APAC, comes up with efficient propositions, implements solution and follows up to guarantee user comfort on the long run.
To operate efficiently, the team is constituted of complementing profiles: business analysts understand the logic from the users and develop the reports, data managers are the reference for data sourcing, SMEs develop complex logic components and enhance the solution framework and project managers orchestrate the work and communication on the progress. Collective discussions on the design/strategy and agile approach to project ensure the best compromise between long term robustness and immediate usability of the solution.
The Regulatory Reporting team is ramping up to about 20 members to address the ambitious project of standardizing the activity for APAC region. This long-term project involves the reporting of Balance Sheet, P&L, Capital and a more recent and intense focus on liquidity, especially Basel III LCR requirement.
Regional Regulatory Reporting Project :
• To drive the user requirement gathering process and the analysis accordingly
• To identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan
• To keep the solution’s global functional design documentation and data dictionary up to date
• To guide various project actors through the functional documentation and participate in the architecture decision
• To streamline processes and challenge practices in front of entity CFOs
• To contribute to a long term sustainable design
• To perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT)
• To help Project Manager by providing expertise on the complexity of proposed design, estimation on workload/timelines for our team as well as other contributors, insight on issues faced and related remediation.
System Enhancement & Production Support :
• To provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user
• To identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing techniques
• To liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations, Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely and permanent manner
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Knowledge/Skills :
• Background in Finance function with an understanding of accounting principles
• Understanding of banking operations, systems and front to back system framework
• Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person with good problem solving and conflict management skills
• Fluency in English (verbal/written) and able to argument / stand one’s ground.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
• Self-initiative and good team player
• Technical tools for functional investigation - (advanced excel / SQL query)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Degree in Accounting, Computing or any other related subjects
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Banking
• Experience working in project (as the lead user / project team)
• Knowledge of Accounting Systems (e.g. SAP)
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
• CPA, CFA or other related professional certificates
• Regulatory/ Financial reporting exposure (HKMA, MAS or other APAC regulators; Basel rules)
• Experience with Data warehousing / Business Intelligence Reporting/ Data Modeling. High level of comfort around data
• Other Computer skills : MS Access/ Excel Macro/ programming language
• Available for occasional business travel