About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
ITG ISPL FRESH is part of newly setup global organization with blend of Business Analysis, IT Development and Support Services working together within a defined governance structure.
It is a Global hub and delivers IT Change and Project services to FRESH Finance Global stakeholders.
BEACON – BasE for Accounting Controls
BEACON is a global accounting control tool rolled out across BNPP CIB. It is an in-house designed and developed tool to support all levels of Accounting Control activity. Currently has over 2000 users across APAC, North America, LATAM, London, Europe and MEA.
It ensures accountability within the company’s Control Framework and allows scrutiny of the process by senior management locally, regionally and centrally in Paris. It is capable to interact with the Group Finance Accounting Control tool (FACT) for quarterly submission of FACT D+12 certificate.
ISPL FRESH Beacon UK
Business Line / Function:
CIB - POLE CORPORATE AND INSTITUTIONAL BANKING
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To ensure that the candidate performs the Business analysis and requirements on Accounting application and has worked on General Ledger system with proven experience and good working knowledge of CIB’s core businesses and financial systems.
To ensure that the candidate performs the Business analysis and requirements on BEACON and become a subject matter expert. In addition, to provide liaison, coordination, training and feedback related to Beacon for all the different teams in Mumbai/Chennai as well as to work with the London BA team to contribute to the ongoing roll out new functionalities and new users on boarding.
- Analysing user requirements and business processes,
- Write user stories for new functionalities.
- Liaising with users and internal counterparts from Finance, IT and Operations.
- Ensuring IT developments are in line with the functional specifications,
- Performing integration testing and User Acceptance Testing,
- Ensuring on-time quality delivery of all activities assigned
- Raise JIRA tickets for new issues identified in UAT
- Track and Retest issues identified in UAT.
- Regression testing synchronisation (and validation of the automated regression test pack for Mumbai teams).
- Providing users with Subject Matter expertise for finance systems
- Giving training on new functionalities to Functional Support team and Regional L2 users when required.
- Updating user guides, training ppts with new functionalities deployed.
- Coordinate and help to solve production issues that happen out of UK hours.
- Produce demo slides on functionalities released during SPRINT.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good knowledge of Accounting concepts, General Ledger and its reporting. Good understanding of the products used by an Investment Bank Foreign, Interest Rates derivatives, securities, Repos, Credit derivatives.(basic concept should be clear)
- Comfortable with basic office tools (Lotus Notes, MS Word, Outlook)
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills with excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good documentation skills
- Commitment to project deadlines, sense of drive and urgency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate and relate easily with IT, Finance and back office users
- Ability to work as a team player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- MBA in Finance, Bachelor of Commerce, Master in Commerce, Bachelor in Science, Chartered Accountant
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)