In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Part of IT and Operations APAC (ITO), Client Engagement and Protection (ITO CEP) is focusing on:
1. Client centricity through the KYC onboarding and recertification of CIB clients (corporates and financial institutions) and the management of referential processes (client accounts etc).
2. A robust Control framework to protect the Bank and its clients, through due diligence controls and the clearing of AML alerts for CIB APAC clients across business lines: Cash Management, Global Markets, Trade Finance and Correspondent Banking.
The AML Transaction Monitoring set-up was transferred from Compliance to ITO CEP in 2020, and is undergoing in-depth transformation in terms of governance, tool implementation, management of false hits etc, for a key risk area for the Bank.
Under the leadership of the AML TM L1 Team Head, the Business Analyst is responsible for performing Anti-Money Laundering Data Management and the necessary analysis in the context of AML projects in APAC that aim at further strengthening the regional AML Transaction Monitoring framework. The role is also required to work closely with Data Analytics teams to assist with data collection, assessment, process enhancement as well as to identify any data quality issues for reporting purposes.
This is a regional role based in Singapore
• Work closely with AML Analysts to better understand their operational needs
• Partner with global or regional Data Analytics & IT teams to understand the various data points and systems internally and externally.
• Leverage on such partnership to identify, test, fine-tune and define the patterns within data to deliver value for the AML chain
• Define APAC AML TM Business Requirements and functional specifications
• Collect data and maintain proper AML data referential with full audit trail of changes
• Monitor and supplement AML data feeds and maintain mapping of such data feeds
• Conduct data analysis, identify data quality issues, assess the overall impact to the daily operations and fix them when relevant
• Document analysis and decision rationale of any resolutions and changes made
• Propose and implement enhanced operational processes and tools with data process automation
• Develop and maintain reporting / metrics to support governance meetings
• Present a holistic view of all aspects of AML risk and emerging trends to various stakeholders
• Update and maintain the procedures relating to any data management process
• Ensure all data management processes are applied in compliance with BNPP Group policies
• Collaborate with regional and global stakeholders to accomplish any ad hoc projects or initiatives
• Coordinate LOD1 stakeholders (RMs, CLM, analysts …) to ensure a smooth workflow at Level 1
• Support the team on tools User Acceptance Tests / tuning and document as per requirements
• Support the team on AML analysis
• Identify opportunities for process improvements
• Identify new emerging risks and propose appropriate strategies and techniques to mitigate
• Ensure progress of projects is well managed with timely communication to relevant stakeholders
• Drive the implementation of initiatives and operational process changes with a focus on innovation
• Alert the manager on any AML or operational risk identified in day to day processes
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Constructive thinking, always looking for improvements within the team and organization
• Flexible and autonomous within ability to work in a small team, open to new practices & methodologies in a rapidly changing and multi-cultural environment
• Communicate clearly issues and objectives to all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage under pressure, run multiple projects in parallel
• Business Analysis:
1. Requirements gathering techniques: interviews, workshops, user observation
2. Requirements capture: use cases, mock-ups, process flows
3. Functional specification documentation
4. Process modelling and re-engineering
• Data Management
1. Strong data analysis, data management and problem solving skills
2. Ability to define the necessary data to be collected and data sources
3. Ability to assess and maintain qualitative and structured data
4. Analysis skills to measure gaps between existing and target data set ups
5. Proficiency in programming languages e.g. Python or Java; familiar with SQL
• Work stream Management:
1. Planning, co-ordination and execution of work streams
2. Risk and issue tracking, management and resolution
3. Progress tracking, status reporting
• Risk management and documentation:
1. Aptitude to understand different business models, product sets and risk factors
2. Clear and concise documentation of business requirements, functional specifications etc.
3. Control mind-set with capability to maintain proper audit trail on the long term
• Testing/Tuning: (User Acceptance Testing)
3. Gaining user sign off
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Knowledge and prior experience in Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, KYC/Due Diligence and/or investigations with Compliance or Regulatory experience
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
• 3+ years’ Business Analysis experience
• 5+ years’ relevant banking experience preferably in APAC
• 2-5 years’ experience in AML Transaction Monitoring or Suspicious Activity Investigation is a plus
• Certification from ACAMS or ICA is a plus