At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutional, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The person will perform a BA role within the RC Compliance IT team. Focus will primarily be on our existing Surveillance platform. The IT & business platform within this scope is Actimize / Global Markets.
- Candidate will work with compliance IT or business compliance users to understand and capture requirements pertaining to AML surveillance and regulatory reporting for functional documentation.
- Perform Functional and Technical Analysis of the business requirements and oversee and review the preparation of use case scenarios and test data for validating AML models
- Provide functional support for new releases and liaise with users/developers as needed.
- Work on multiple projects.
- Lead the test plan creation process and review (Including support of writing Test Cases, Test scripts, and Traceability Matrix
- Provide support in AML models/rules validation to cover various scenarios, Dashboards/Workflows/Reports/DART views, and BI tools.
- Provide input into Technical Specifications documents,
- Support business users in conducting User Validation (User Acceptance Testing)
- MUST have 3-5 years of experience in Corporate and Institutional Banking IT, Knowledge of Capital Markets is a strong plus.
- Candidate must have at least 2-3 years prior experience as a Business Analyst or Technical Business Analyst in Corporate Banking, Trading Compliance, or Regulatory Controls.
- Understanding of AML and Bank Secrecy Act as it relates to Correspondent Banking is a plus.
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking transactional data sources, Regulatory Compliance frameworks and ETL processes, and Knowledge of Informatica or Ab Initio (ETL tools) will be a strong plus.
- Experience with Actimize or Mantis platform is preferred.
- Experienced in working with business and technical teams to define requirements, Functional and Technical specification, and full life cycle delivery of projects.
- Experienced working with near and offshore teams is a plus.
- Experienced working with Corporate Banking and or Capital Markets data.
- Candidate must be proficient analyzing Corporate Banking and Trading data using SQL.
- Candidates must possess the ability to think creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups.
- Candidate must be a team player, enjoy analyzing business requirements and writing functional specifications and willing to go the extra mile to complete tasks.
- Strong written & communication skills.
- Strong SQL skills (Oracle, or SQL Server). Development background is a plus.
- Ability to manage conflicting requests on time in a continually fast moving environment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning with a team environment.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **